E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > WP Codes-Battery-Fuse

12-17-2019, 10:54 PM   #1
SiEgs90
Private
Rep
Drives: 08. 328xi. 97k. N52.

WP Codes-Battery-Fuse

This morning I started my car to what I’m assuming was the fan operating at its max. Merry Christmas baby. I hooked up my scan tool and drove it to work to see what was going on. Got the 2E82 code for the water pump. Fan runs high with no warm air coming out of vents at highest temp setting. Fan will shut off after 5-10 minutes and the heat comes back on in the car. After work popped the hood and the coolant was around minimum. I checked this not long ago before this issue and it was normal. Hooked up my scan tool again for the ride home. Same symptoms occurred. Engine coolant temp hovered around 200-205 under normal driving. Car is at 86k. Read on my carfax report at one point around 45-50k the thermostat was replaced but not the pump. Recently I had to purchase a new battery for my car. I installed it, but I don’t believe my scan tool properly registered it. Old battery was Bosch AMG and I threw in a BMW AMG. Both batteries are 80ahm with matching cranking amps, but my code scanner seems to say it’s rated at 90ahm. When I’m driving or idling my battery operates under normal 13.5-14.5 but when I shut the car off and go into accessory it reads at 0.101. I purchased a new water pump kit, but was wondering if a battery that isn’t properly registering can blow the fuse for the water pump leading to these symptoms or if it isn’t receiving enough power. Thank you.
Appreciate 0