F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Rocker panel trim replacement advice
ARMA SPEED

12-07-2019, 07:03 PM   #1
welchanos
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 320i xDrive

Rocker panel trim replacement advice

Hello everyone,

I noticed that the rocker panel trims for my 2014 BMW F30 320i are damaged. While doing some research on how to replace them, it doesn't seems so difficult. But, while looking for the parts, that has been some trouble. And I have some questions.

First, I found that there is an M-sport version of the rocker plane. Would that fit any F30 320i?

Next, my F30 is in Black Sapphire. The easiest way is to find them used in that color and just replace them. But I am having such a difficult time finding any place that would have them. Does anyone know any place?

Finally, if the used option is a no go, how difficult would it be to respray them and all? I have no experience. Or would it just be better to take it to the dealer and let them take care of it all? Worried about the cost.

Thanks for any advice.

W
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 07:28 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by welchanos View Post
Hello everyone,

I noticed that the rocker panel trims for my 2014 BMW F30 320i are damaged. While doing some research on how to replace them, it doesn't seems so difficult. But, while looking for the parts, that has been some trouble. And I have some questions.

First, I found that there is an M-sport version of the rocker plane. Would that fit any F30 320i?

Next, my F30 is in Black Sapphire. The easiest way is to find them used in that color and just replace them. But I am having such a difficult time finding any place that would have them. Does anyone know any place?

Finally, if the used option is a no go, how difficult would it be to respray them and all? I have no experience. Or would it just be better to take it to the dealer and let them take care of it all? Worried about the cost.

Thanks for any advice.

W
BSM is a nightmare to get right, matching color and specs and pattern.

That said, as they are so low, might not be that noticeable.

But as for you being in Japan, I serious doubt you will find used in correct color.

Friend in the Eastern Asia tell me used BMW parts just do not exist.
Appreciate 0