F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Apps to record a call
Studio RSR

11-29-2019, 06:15 PM   #1
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Apps to record a call

I have to make difficult conversations on a fairly regular basis and I’d like to record them, is there anyway of doing this on an iPhone?

Is there an app that can do it or a feature that I’ve not found yet?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 03:35 AM   #2
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Face to face conversations, or phone calls ?

Recording may not be legal, but it does provide unambiguous proof if you ever needed it.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 04:05 AM   #3
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW e-Golf !

If this is for work purposes, I'd run it past someone with the authority to decide whether it's acceptable or not - before you do anything.

Note that the act of recording the conversation without permission is a civil offence.
Making such a recording (or transcript) available to a third party is criminal offence.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 04:15 AM   #4
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
Face to face conversations, or phone calls ?

Recording may not be legal, but it does provide unambiguous proof if you ever needed it.
Face to face, not bothered about it being legal, the proof could be very handy
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 04:22 AM   #5
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Just put it on loudspeaker and record with another phone. Most people have got an old phone knocking around in a drawer somewhere

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 04:24 AM   #6
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiep View Post
If this is for work purposes, I'd run it past someone with the authority to decide whether it's acceptable or not - before you do anything.

Note that the act of recording the conversation without permission is a civil offence.
Making such a recording (or transcript) available to a third party is criminal offence.
While there are different rules for recordings carried out by companies, I really don't think it is correct that making a covert recording as an individual is an offence of any kind. I'm not sure what you mean by 'civil offence' in a non-military context.

As an example when some old fool reversed into my stationary car in a supermarket car park a year ago, I covertly recorded his admission. Predictably he changed his story so I presented the recorded admission to both insurers - his accepted liability as a result. If they had been able to wriggle out of it due to the recording being an offence, I imagine that they would have done

There is a question of admissibility in court, but having spoken to a barrister about this many years ago, he tells me that judges tend to want to hear all available evidence.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 05:05 AM   #7
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:

I've never heard this before.

We've used recorded conversations where for example an offender threatens to firebomb someone's house as evidence many times.

Recorded conversations, voice mails, text messages all good evidence. The CPS love that kind of evidence and can make a case watertight.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 05:09 AM   #8
Bibbles
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 540i MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
I have to make difficult conversations on a fairly regular basis and I’d like to record them, is there anyway of doing this on an iPhone?

Use the voice memo app that comes with the iPhone.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 06:17 AM   #9
Rukka
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibbles View Post
Use the voice memo app that comes with the iPhone.

This ^^^^

I've used it in the past and its easy enough to do and is already on your iPhone.

Past: C43, X4 M40i, TTS, M4 CP, 440i, 435d, M235i, 220d, F30, E90, E87
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 06:53 AM   #10
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6 View Post
Quote:

There is a question of admissibility in court, but having spoken to a barrister about this many years ago, he tells me that judges tend to want to hear all available evidence.
This correct.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 07:27 AM   #11
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post

Go to the App Store and check out Voice Recorder
Appreciate 0