F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 330e 2016
Studio RSR

11-25-2019, 12:56 AM   #1
Ashm3_uk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

330e 2016

So I've had my 330e for about 10days.

In all this time, the battery range after a full charge just shows 14-15miles.

I've been ok with that as my commute is about 8miles with the possibility of charging at both ends.

Yesterday I did my first coding using ESYS to enable speed limit info in the HUD and the instrument cluster.
As the code was written back to the car the displays turned off and back on again and the clock reset.
The task was a success.
However, a nice side effect was that my full charge range went up to 21miles.

My question is, is there a way to do this on a regular basis, when the range starts to drop without having to code the car?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 01:11 AM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashm3_uk View Post

I've been ok with that as my commute is about 8miles with the possibility of charging at both ends.

Yesterday I did my first coding using ESYS to enable speed limit info in the HUD and the instrument cluster.
As the code was written back to the car the displays turned off and back on again and the clock reset.
The task was a success.

My question is, is there a way to do this on a regular basis, when the range starts to drop without having to code the car?
All that did was reset your car stats to the default.

Based on your driving style, the car gets less than default and will update the available miles as such.

No different than miles remaining on a gas engine.

Can probably do same by resetting your trip computer stats.
Appreciate 1
Ashm3_uk138.50
      11-25-2019, 01:16 AM   #3
Ashm3_uk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:

The task was a success.

All that did was reset your car stats to the default.

Based on your driving style, the car gets less than default and will update the available miles as such.

No different than miles remaining on a gas engine.

Can probably do same by resetting your trip computer stats.
Yes, I did notice my petrol range went up considerably too.

I've reset the stats on a few occasions since having the car. The range has never increased.

However when I first picked it up, the range after a charge was only 10-11miles. This has gradually gone up to 14-15miles.

I'm assuming it's just adjusting to my style of driving.

Thanks for your response.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 09:39 PM   #4
The Airman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3s

Quote:
Yes, I did notice my petrol range went up considerably too.

I've reset the stats on a few occasions since having the car. The range has never increased.

However when I first picked it up, the range after a charge was only 10-11miles. This has gradually gone up to 14-15miles.

I'm assuming it's just adjusting to my style of driving.

Thanks for your response.
Like he said, that range is just an average. I've learned not to even look at it any more. It may say 14-15 miles, but if you drive it right, you could get 20- 25 miles out of the battery and it would take your average range up. It doesn't mean that's how far you will go.

You will not see that range in the winter running the heater though. That electric heater saps a lot of driving range.

2021 i3s AC Schnitzer
BMW CCA #67486
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 06:27 AM   #5
craigb88
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive

Quote:

The task was a success.

Hi Ashm3_uk,

I'm looking into getting a 2016 66 plate 330e M Sport. How you getting on with yours. I've been doing some reading with mixed reviews so still unsure if I should buy the one I've seen.

I work 10 miles from home 3 days a week and can charge from a 3 pin UK plug at home and work. I'm hoping I can do these journeys purely electric however I do live in a hilly village!

Anything I should be looking out for before I buy?

Thanks
Appreciate 0