F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Christmas came early
Studio RSR

11-21-2019, 02:04 PM   #1
BeerHerder
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335, G01 X3, Victory Vegas

Christmas came early

Just got 2/3 of my stuff from Mike @ x-ph and my knock off exhaust tips from China. My car is currently in at the dealer waiting for an engine from Germany as the block has a crack and was leaking oil. CPO warranty and $50 later, new engine. They're going to install the ER charge pipe along with the engine. Also having the majority of the cooling system replaced while the engine is out because it costs a lot less. Come spring after the break in period, I'll put the downpipe and intercooler in.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
ronanz1819.50
zamboni1130.50
      11-21-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
F30bih
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 328xi

those exhaust tips look good! do you have a link?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 02:56 PM   #3
BeerHerder
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM_F30 View Post
those exhaust tips look good! do you have a link?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Matt-Bla...da66%7Ciid%3A1

Hopefully that link works. If not, you can search for the following:
2x Matt Black Universal Car Carbon Fiber Exhaust Tip Pipe 2.5" +M Logo for BMW
Seller name is fcdx1600

They do look really good in person, honestly. I won't get to put them on for a few weeks yet until my car is done.
Appreciate 1
F30bih12.00
      11-21-2019, 05:25 PM   #4
esoj37
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT

You had no issues with the dealer covering the warranty work with your mods?

Edit: Just noticed your mods haven't been installed, but were ya running BM3?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 10:14 AM   #5
BeerHerder
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoj37 View Post
You had no issues with the dealer covering the warranty work with your mods?

Edit: Just noticed your mods haven't been installed, but were ya running BM3?
I had BM3, but did the flash to stock and lock DME before I brought it in. Only other thing I had done was an AFE pro dry drop in filter and cut holes in my air box. They had to have someone from BMW corporate approve it, but my SA said I shouldn't have an issue, and he was right. It's already approved and on order. I was sweating a little, no doubt...
Appreciate 1
esoj37156.00
      11-22-2019, 10:32 AM   #6
esoj37
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerHerder View Post
I had BM3, but did the flash to stock and lock DME before I brought it in. Only other thing I had done was an AFE pro dry drop in filter and cut holes in my air box. They had to have someone from BMW corporate approve it, but my SA said I shouldn't have an issue, and he was right. It's already approved and on order. I was sweating a little, no doubt...
That's good bro, glad it worked out for you. My manufacture's warranty is about to expire, but I will still have the CPO warranty for about another 3 years. I don't plan on going higher than stage 1 BM3 on the 340i, so hopefully nothing breaks, and if something does break, I hope it gets covered by the CPO warranty.
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2019, 10:59 AM   #7
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Mod friendly dealer is installing ER charge pipe for you? You got your moneys worth with the new engine warranty pays for itself! Defiantly worth the extra cost over non CPO used. Replica M exhaust looks great, the M logo looks great vs official part where it is etched in so you can't see it unless you look closely. Hopefully it doesn't come off or fade over time.
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2019, 01:42 PM   #8
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

You have been longing for these tips for a while now They look good! Good thing your dealer didn't dig in too deep to find a reason for voiding warranty I believe CP will be installed without any charges also? You'll have a new car after all this. Warranty is a lifesaver at times like these, even though I didn't buy my car as CPO but I did buy a 3 year warranty.
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2019, 02:33 PM   #9
BeerHerder
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoj37 View Post
That's good bro, glad it worked out for you. My manufacture's warranty is about to expire, but I will still have the CPO warranty for about another 3 years. I don't plan on going higher than stage 1 BM3 on the 340i, so hopefully nothing breaks, and if something does break, I hope it gets covered by the CPO warranty.
Yeah, I'm super happy with how it's working out, I mean, I'd rather not have a busted engine, but getting a new one is kind of the best outcome of a bad situation. That was my exact plan, hold on everything until CPO runs out in April 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Mod friendly dealer is installing ER charge pipe for you? You got your moneys worth with the new engine warranty pays for itself! Defiantly worth the extra cost over non CPO used. Replica M exhaust looks great, the M logo looks great vs official part where it is etched in so you can't see it unless you look closely. Hopefully it doesn't come off or fade over time.
You aren't kidding...
I figure, if the M logo does start to look odd or flake, I'll just flip it around and point them down. I really just kind of wanted the darker tips over the M logo, but these were so cheap that I just went for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBimmerBloke View Post
You have been longing for these tips for a while now They look good! Good thing your dealer didn't dig in too deep to find a reason for voiding warranty I believe CP will be installed without any charges also? You'll have a new car after all this. Warranty is a lifesaver at times like these, even though I didn't buy my car as CPO but I did buy a 3 year warranty.
Shhhhh, you'll break my good mojo! And yeah, my SA said as long it's a direct fit, no extra charge and he would let me know if there was. Heck... if they charge me an hour of labor for it, I'll pay it. I really don't think they will because I'm paying a bunch for the cooling system anyway so they're getting paid enough as is.
Appreciate 1
esoj37156.00
      11-22-2019, 02:40 PM   #10
VWAudi2BMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: drei BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerHerder View Post
Would you mind expanding on this a bit further? A big reason why I went JB box vs a flash tune until all of the warranty runs out. Would probably prefer the BM3 but do worry about it a bit. I knew with my Last VW I was toast if there was any issues. Both my dual clutch and ECU were tuned + a healthy dose of bolt-ons.

The big VW / Audi players (APR and Unitronic) have ways to flash back to stock, but it was still evident you were tuned. Some would even flash your specific stock tune vs just a stock tune. But the flash counter in the ECU moving each time still would throw a red flag.

Any further insight on the BM3 and these issues for a newbie would be appreciated!!
Sedan
Lots of burbles and POPS
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 02:55 PM   #11
BeerHerder
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAudi2BMW View Post
Would you mind expanding on this a bit further? A big reason why I went JB box vs a flash tune until all of the warranty runs out. Would probably prefer the BM3 but do worry about it a bit. I knew with my Last VW I was toast if there was any issues. Both my dual clutch and ECU were tuned + a healthy dose of bolt-ons.

The big VW / Audi players (APR and Unitronic) have ways to flash back to stock, but it was still evident you were tuned. Some would even flash your specific stock tune vs just a stock tune. But the flash counter in the ECU moving each time still would throw a red flag.

Any further insight on the BM3 and these issues for a newbie would be appreciated!!
From my limited knowledge, if they pressed harder, they would have figured out it was tampered with. I'm guessing because everything else was basically visually stock, they didn't really dig too hard. If I had all my other shit bolted on, they probably would have given me a much harder time.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 11:58 AM   #12
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2019, 12:36 AM   #13
Mkswoosh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi tanzanite blue

Garage List
I bought eBay ones too of the same ones not sure if seller though. I’m on catless dp and res delete in midpipes and man my exhaust tips are hideous after 2k miles. The chrome is gone. Maybe could get it to shine again if I use metal polisher.

I should of got black. Let us know how they hold up
Appreciate 1