F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons > MPPSK Exhaust
ARMA SPEED

11-12-2019, 10:47 PM   #1
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
MPPSK Exhaust

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
If you've been looking for one of these, you'll know that they almost never come up for sale second hand. I just traded my car, and since I own this exhaust, I took it off. This come with everything you'll need to install it on your car, including the exhaust valve harness, clips, extra head shield, and even rep Carbon Fiber M Performance tips. This system (with the nearly worthless tune) costs $2,685.00 at GetBMWParts, which is already 9% off and doesn't include tips. I am offering this system for $1,900, which is much cheaper than most other valved systems you can get for this car. With the valves closed, the car is slightly louder than stock, but nothing obnoxious, with the valves open, the sound is glorious, and this really lets the amazing natural tone of the B58 sing. Obviously, being an OEM piece, the fitment is perfect, and install is easy and very possible in your driveway on jack stands if thats your thing. Item is located in Long Island, NY.

Attached Images

11-20-2019, 12:49 PM   #2
njdangelo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5 50i

I'd be interested but you're asking more for the exhaust used than they are selling it for on the website. The tune is mapped to the car so that does not factor into this sale.

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/4...EXHAUST-SYSTEM

PM Sent to see if we can arrange a better price.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 08:35 PM   #3
Joooser
Private
Rep
Drives: 16 340i, 05 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdangelo View Post
I'd be interested but you're asking more for the exhaust used than they are selling it for on the website. The tune is mapped to the car so that does not factor into this sale.

That's for N55 on the B58 is 2500+. Tips are another $500
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 05:11 PM   #4
Ifellapart
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:

as the other guy explained, thats for an n55. To further explain the difference in price gap, the MPE for n55 is an axle back exhaust while the MPPSK for the B58 is a full turbo or cat back exhaust.

Also the carbon fiber tips are something like an additional $5-600. All in an all, a new MPPSK is about 3500 w/o taxes.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 01:17 AM   #5
s55jesus
M Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:

This is a decent deal. I personally would just buy new for $600 more but to each their own
2015 F82 M4 (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 12:42 AM   #6
s2kvee
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E90 M3

you can actually purchase this exhaust separately.

heres the part number for just the muffler portion, keep in mind that youre missing the mid pipe and the exhaust tips. However if you're planning on using this for a 335i N55, the midpipe is practically useless. Youre also going to need the Exhaust valve controllers (2) and the y-harness ($100)

so the OP's price is sorta on point as far as how much it would run you, if you buy it all separately (muffler, valves, tips) minus the Used factor

I was fortunate enough to find this catback exhaust lightly used and the seller was willing to ship. I paid a total of $640 shipped for the exhaust which was a F*ing steal... I bought some ebay CF M-Performance style slip on exhaust tips for $120, and had the muffler portion welded on my N55 335i. I then bought the y-harness for the exhaust valves from ECS which ran me a little over $100. All in all. I lucked out.

Part No: 18302407185
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=03_0220
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...f/18302407185/
      12-26-2019, 02:58 AM   #7
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2kvee View Post
you can actually purchase this exhaust separately.

heres the part number for just the muffler portion, keep in mind that youre missing the mid pipe and the exhaust tips. However if you're planning on using this for a 335i N55, the midpipe is practically useless. Youre also going to need the Exhaust valve controllers (2) and the y-harness ($100)

so the OP's price is sorta on point as far as how much it would run you, if you buy it all separately (muffler, valves, tips) minus the Used factor

I was fortunate enough to find this catback exhaust lightly used and the seller was willing to ship. I paid a total of $640 shipped for the exhaust which was a F*ing steal... I bought some ebay CF M-Performance style slip on exhaust tips for $120, and had the muffler portion welded on my N55 335i. I then bought the y-harness for the exhaust valves from ECS which ran me a little over $100. All in all. I lucked out.

Part No: 18302407185
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=03_0220
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...f/18302407185/
This isnt compatible with N55 but I suppose you could make it work. Also it comes with a tune in the oem price so you would have to bring it to a dealer to get the flash tune for $400 unless you want to get a bootmod instead for around $500. Not sure if OP is having his car reflashed back to stock after putting stock exhaust back on or leaving the tune on his car? Not sure how much that would add to the resale value having a tuned car with stock exhaust. I wouldn't say the tune is worthless it definitely makes a difference most people will appreciate along with the sound though it is a mild tune compared to most aftermarket tunes which you can piggyback or flash tune.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 01:41 PM   #8
s2kvee
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
This isnt compatible with N55 but I suppose you could make it work. Also it comes with a tune in the oem price so you would have to bring it to a dealer to get the flash tune for $400 unless you want to get a bootmod instead for around $500. Not sure if OP is having his car reflashed back to stock after putting stock exhaust back on or leaving the tune on his car? Not sure how much that would add to the resale value having a tuned car with stock exhaust. I wouldn't say the tune is worthless it definitely makes a difference most people will appreciate along with the sound though it is a mild tune compared to most aftermarket tunes which you can piggyback or flash tune.
Clearly you are not reading any of the posts. .. the OP trades his car in.. He’s only selling the Exhaust. An exhaust that is on the same chassis, but different engine is definitely almost cross compatible. Hence why I was able to install the axle back portion to my N55 355i. As well as how 328i people are able to instal 335i dual exhausts on their cars. The OP isn’t selling the Tune that goes with it either.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 09:35 AM   #9
MaxMan92
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf80 View Post
If you've been looking for one of these, you'll know that they almost never come up for sale second hand. I just traded my car, and since I own this exhaust, I took it off. This come with everything you'll need to install it on your car, including the exhaust valve harness, clips, extra head shield, and even rep Carbon Fiber M Performance tips. This system (with the nearly worthless tune) costs $2,685.00 at GetBMWParts, which is already 9% off and doesn't include tips. I am offering this system for $1,900, which is much cheaper than most other valved systems you can get for this car. With the valves closed, the car is slightly louder than stock, but nothing obnoxious, with the valves open, the sound is glorious, and this really lets the amazing natural tone of the B58 sing. Obviously, being an OEM piece, the fitment is perfect, and install is easy and very possible in your driveway on jack stands if thats your thing. Item is located in Long Island, NY.
Is the exhaust still available?
Appreciate 0