BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-10-2019, 07:12 PM   #1
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Does the BMW Connected app automatically update when your phone is plugged in yet?

I have a F15 and I usually just plug my phone into the USB slot to listen to music/podcasts. But if I want the fuel range/etc to update, I have to manually open the BMW Connected app on my iphone every time. It's a nifty feature to have but I just wish it would do this automatically.

Does it behave any differently with this generation of the X5?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 07:53 PM   #2
homerrr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
I have a F15 and I usually just plug my phone into the USB slot to listen to music/podcasts. But if I want the fuel range/etc to update, I have to manually open the BMW Connected app on my iphone every time. It's a nifty feature to have but I just wish it would do this automatically.

Does it behave any differently with this generation of the X5?
Yes, very different. It seems to automatically update the app whenever your done with a trip and lock it. No need to connect to the car, it does it through the internet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 09:45 PM   #3
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

thank you for responding. What counts as a 'trip'? Do you get these updates only when you feed a destination into your car using the connected software or using the navigation app? or can I just drive it to the supermarket and back and eventually the app will update me with my fuel status?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 09:58 PM   #4
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
thank you for responding. What counts as a 'trip'? Do you get these updates only when you feed a destination into your car using the connected software or using the navigation app? or can I just drive it to the supermarket and back and eventually the app will update me with my fuel status?
It should update every time you go someplace and shut off the engine whether you use navigation or not. If you go to the supermarket it will update when you park in the parking lot and then again when you get home.
Appreciate 0