Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications Exhaust system for 330e?

10-28-2019, 05:27 PM   #1
dejansokolovski
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e G20, BMW 520D F11

Exhaust system for 330e?

Another question,

Are there ANY out-of-the-box perfect fitting exhaust systems for 330e available today? I think I've crushed the internet without any luck. Those few that are available seems to be for 320/330/340.

And yes I know it's a hybrid, electric motor et.c. I love it quiet when I'm driving it most of the time. Sometimes you'd just wish you could wake up a little beast in there though. Not just the active sound from the inside. It's super quiet on the outside... Ofc it also has to do with the OPF (partikelfilter)...

Would a resonator delete be a wise choice?
Replace with a straight pipe.

Would a in example smaller magnaflow rear-muffler replacing the stock one together with a resonator delete be any good?

I don't want it to be crazy loud, just a little bit more, hence also my question regarding a cold air intake...
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 04:03 AM   #2
-Nick
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Resonator delete would be the easiest and cheapest way to get a decent note out of the exhaust. It'd be the first thing I'd do to mine if it wasn't a lease!

I did it on my previous car and the difference was great
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 08:05 AM   #3
AbsolutRufuus
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 330e G20

This is really off topic, but I just hope we get to see some pictures of your 330e, Dejan. I know you're a good photographer and take a lot of pictures of cars
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 03:29 PM   #4
dejansokolovski
Private
Rep

@-Nick - Thanks! I'll try that out as a first step and I guess if I'm not satisfied enough I can always change the rear-muffler too. Resonator fix should hopefully be enough! Let's see!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 03:32 PM   #5
dejansokolovski
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutRufuus View Post
This is really off topic, but I just hope we get to see some pictures of your 330e, Dejan. I know you're a good photographer and take a lot of pictures of cars
Aaah fellow Swede and 330e owner! Are you planning on changing something up with the exhaust? or air intake? or anything?!

Haha I'm sooo bad at photographing my own cars... I never have time anymore, but I will do it (probably in spring.) when everything to it is done and complete. Then again Borås is kind of bad as for good locations too.. -_-
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 02:31 AM   #6
AbsolutRufuus
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 330e G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejansokolovski View Post
Aaah fellow Swede and 330e owner! Are you planning on changing something up with the exhaust? or air intake? or anything?!

Haha I'm sooo bad at photographing my own cars... I never have time anymore, but I will do it (probably in spring.) when everything to it is done and complete. Then again Borås is kind of bad as for good locations too.. -_-
Haha, correct! The only plans I've got is tinting the windows (tomorrow at Ditec) and getting some nice summer rims next year. I'm also thinking about getting a small spoiler, like the leaked M3 one. It's a company car so I don't want to put too much money into it since I wont get anything back at the end of the day, haha!

Well, I hope you take som pictures. Always been impressed by your photography skills especially regarding cars. Maybe you have to take a trip to Alingsås or Gothenburg to find a good spot
Appreciate 0