E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Confirmed Not To Be A Scam

08-24-2008, 01:34 AM   #1
who's ur daddy?
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Canada's first and only 323xi

Confirmed Not To Be A Scam

LOL, this went into work's SPAM filter, but I just wanted to read it anyway. Thank gawd the FBI has approved my transaction! I thought I lost my money for sure.

Quote:
Director Federal Bureau of Investigation www.fbi.gov

Dear Beneficiary.

FBI FINDING TO WIRETAP INTERNET.

We the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Washington DC in conjunction with relevant investigation agencies here in United states of America. Report reaching us recently through our global Intelligence monitoring Network that you presently have transaction going on with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as regards to your over-due payment which was fully endorsed in your favor.

It might interest you to know that we have taken time in screening through this project as stipulated in our protocol of operations and confirmed that your payment is 100% genuine and hitch free from all ramification and you lawful right to claim your fund without fears.
Consequently, we will further advise you to go ahead in dealing with the Central Bank office and follow his instructions as we will be monitoring the proceedings with you as well as your correspondence at all level and you should always get back to us if any question or advice.

In addendum, be informed that we recently had a meeting with the Executive Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, in the person of Prof.Charles Chukwuma Soludo along with top officials in WASHINGTON DC during the last quarter of 2007 regarding Contract/Inheritance related matters and they reaffirm to us that your file has been scrutinized awaiting your readiness to claim your fund.They briefed us on the recent crisis they are facing right now, is that some unscrupulous and msiguided element are using this project as an avenue to scam innocent citizens of their hard earn money by impersonating the Executive Governor and the Central Bank office.
We were also made to understand that a man called Mr.Peter Woo from New-York has already contacted them and also forwarded his banking account information in Hong-Kong to Governor's Office but the Governor took a wise decision by insisting on hearing from you personally before endorsing the wire transfer document of your fund to the Bank details which was forwarded to his ofice by the above named Person so that was the main reason why they contacted us so as to assist them in making the investigations about Mr.Peter Woo.

They further reaffirmed to us to fore warn our dear citizens who must have been informed of the contract/inheritance payment to be very careful prior to these irregularities so that they do not fall victim to this ugly circumstances and paradventure you are already dealing with anybody or office or attorney claiming to be from the Central Bank of Nigeria, you are further advised to STOP further contact with them in your best interest and then contact immediately the real office of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) only with the information below:

NAME: PROF. CHARLES C. SOLUDO
OFFICE ADDRESS: Central Bank of Nigeria, Central Business District, Tinubu Square Lagos-Nigeria
Email: (govcsolu005@yahoo.gr)

The above information will be the only place you are to contact and deal with from now henceforth, so that the menace of scam can be checkmated by both parties.

NOTE: In your best interest, any message that do not come from the above official email address should not be replied to and should be disregarded for security reasons. Meanwhile,you are advised to contact the Central Bank Office immediately with the above email address and request that they attend to your file as directed to enable you receive your fund. Ensure that you follow all procedure as may be required by them to further facilitate the process of remittance of your payment.

You are always welcome whenever you have any question.

Adhere strictly to this notification.

Mr.Robert S. Mueller, III
Director Federal Bureau of Investigation www.fbi.gov.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 01:36 AM   #2
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
Huh??
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 02:32 AM   #3
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
cliff notes please.
      08-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #4
Rossland
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: US 06 330xi

Ha Ha Ha. It's great to know that these Nigerian scams are not scams after all! I feel much better now that I know a US law enforcement agency is looking after the interests of Canadians. The RCMP still call this a scam. The mounties must be wrong eh!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 06:17 PM   #5
visor
BMW, can I have some LSD please?
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i xDrive

Those Nigerians have just too much time on their hands...
2017 340i xDrive | Estoril | Black | Al | 8AT | M Package
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #6
CokerRat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 535i xDrive

Quote:
...and confirmed that your payment is 100% genuine and hitch free from all ramification and you lawful right to claim your fund without fears.
Wow, now that puts me at ease!

They are getting smarter...slowly...and topping out pretty low, but getting there... they'll pull more people in with this.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 04:01 PM   #7
halB
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: W211 E350 4M MkV GTI 987.2 S

Are you sure that is actually an FBI email? Still smells fishy to me!!

10 987.2 S w/Leather sport seat, Sport Chrono, 19" Carrera S II wheels
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 04:25 PM   #8
DANMACINSD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i

There is no way the FBI actually sent that.
      08-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #9
CurlyFatAngry
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: his BMW as much as he can !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossland View Post
Ha Ha Ha. It's great to know that these Nigerian scams are not scams after all! I feel much better now that I know a US law enforcement agency is looking after the interests of Canadians. The RCMP still call this a scam. The mounties must be wrong eh!
You're kidding, right?
'08 Jet Black E92 328xi, Premium, Sport, iPod, Black Grille, GP Thunder, Painted Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 04:54 PM   #10
who's ur daddy?
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by halB View Post
Are you sure that is actually an FBI email? Still smells fishy to me!!
Of course it is an FBI e-mail. Just read the fukkin' language. It is obviously written by someone with a high level of English proficiency. Scammers wouldn't write stuff like:

Quote:
It might interest you to know that we have taken time in screening through this project as stipulated in our protocol of operations and confirmed that your payment is 100% genuine and hitch free from all ramification and you lawful right to claim your fund without fears.
Like it says, it's confirmed to be hitch free from all ramification.

You misbelievers will be missing out on a golden opportunity to repatriate Nigerian moneys to their rightful owners and earn a handsome return re: same. It is a win-win situation in my books.

You doubting Thomases need not participate in my thread.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 04:57 PM   #11
who's ur daddy?
Colonel
Rep

I can't believe some of you are actually treating some of the responses made in this post with any seriousness!!! Just wow!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 11:37 PM   #12
visor
BMW, can I have some LSD please?
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i xDrive

How does the saying go:
a fool and his money are soon parted...

I can't believe there are so many gullible (and greedy) people in this world...
2017 340i xDrive | Estoril | Black | Al | 8AT | M Package
Appreciate 0