BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    iOS 13.1.2

10-05-2019, 08:20 AM   #1
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

iOS 13.1.2

Ever since I installed iOS 13.1 on my iPhone 8, my M5 voice control for communication doesn't work. It doesn't seem to understand what I am saying. Also the contacts list in the car includes a lot of extra non-phone number contacts from somewhere in my phone's email history. These were not there before and the voice control worked flawlessly before. I think it might have something to do with my phone's settings, but nothing I've tried seems to work. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2019, 04:06 PM   #2
shellbmb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 F90 M5C

Yes, mine is messed up as well. I'm just using idrive and not carplay, but voice commands that used to work are no longer working. I would say "call whoever" and it worked before, but now it doesn't recognize them. And when I look at my messages, it only shows the number and not the contact name associated with it. Weird.
Appreciate 1
Bönz183.50
      10-08-2019, 03:00 AM   #3
Nikolov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 F90 M5C, '17 911 TTS

I recently activated Online speech processing from the ConnectedDrive store, there's an option in iDrive where you can select whether to send voice data to some company's voice processing server. Once I did that, the car wouldn't recognize any of the voice commands, or it would mistakenly select other options.

Turned it off - voice commands worked like a charm again. Might be worth looking into that.
Bönz183.50
      10-12-2019, 07:50 AM   #4
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolov View Post
I recently activated Online speech processing from the ConnectedDrive store, there's an option in iDrive where you can select whether to send voice data to some company's voice processing server. Once I did that, the car wouldn't recognize any of the voice commands, or it would mistakenly select other options.

Turned it off - voice commands worked like a charm again. Might be worth looking into that.
Thank you! That was part of it. I also had to change from Telephone 2 to Telephone 1 in iDrive COM settings. I must have been screwing with the settings one day and messed it up.
Appreciate 0