E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Styling Guidance

04-03-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
NSM
Modeldater
Rep
Drives: BSM M6 Vert & BSM 1M

Styling Guidance

So I have an electric red 330xi. I recently installed the ACS lip kit (awaiting my spoiler and roof spoiler) and have lowered the car. I am waiting on PMB and new wheels. The wheels will be iforged with an anthracite or black center, polished lip of course. My question is what should I do with the chrome trim. I.E..around the windows and the grille. I can't decide if I should black them out or if I should leave them chrome. Any thoughts, opinions or suggestions welcome!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #2
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver

Garage List
2006 330xi  [10.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSM
So I have an electric red 330xi. I recently installed the ACS lip kit (awaiting my spoiler and roof spoiler) and have lowered the car. I am waiting on PMB and new wheels. The wheels will be iforged with an anthracite or black center, polished lip of course. My question is what should I do with the chrome trim. I.E..around the windows and the grille. I can't decide if I should black them out or if I should leave them chrome. Any thoughts, opinions or suggestions welcome!
With black center wheels I think you should definitley black out the grille. If you totally black out the grille you should black out the window trim. If you leave the "mustache" chromed you should leave the window trim chromed. Just my .02.

Whatever you do please post pics when you're done!

BTW what size wheels did you get and how did you lower your ride? Any problems with lowering the xi?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2006, 10:55 AM   #3
NSM
Modeldater
Rep

There have been no problems lowering the xi. I used H&R sport springs for the 325i. The suspension set up is the same or extremely close in the 325i as the 330xi as I was told by H&R. The size wheels are 19x10.5r 19x9 front. I have been speaking with tire rack as of recently because I test fit a set of staggered e46 m3 wheels and they fit perfectly, however it tripped a 4x4 sensor and messed with the computer a bit. They said that this would happen but after about an hour of driving the computer would reset itself. Hopefully this is true.

Anyone else have any comments, opinions, or suggestions about whether or not to black out or leave it chrome?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2006, 11:47 PM   #4
NSM
Modeldater
Rep

Any other opinions?
Appreciate 0