Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Connected Drive partially disconnected?

10-01-2019, 11:47 AM   #1
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Connected Drive partially disconnected?

Anyone had issues where the Connected Drive App/website seems partially disconnected from the car's "state"? Neither have updated since lunchtime today in terms of charge state or location but both still allow lock/unlock/"headlights on" commands to process so it obviously is connected "a bit"...
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 12:00 PM   #2
H55
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M Sport

Mines the same. Not updated since half 10 today
Appreciate 1
tricky6239.50
      10-01-2019, 12:34 PM   #3
davekilshaw
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i M Sport G42

Mine has been off since 24th... Hasn't updated and can't use any functions apart from sending destinations to the car!! 🙄
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 12:48 PM   #4
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekilshaw View Post
Mine has been off since 24th... Hasn't updated and can't use any functions apart from sending destinations to the car!! 🙄
Have you talked to your dealer?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 01:47 PM   #5
davekilshaw
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 220i M Sport G42

No, I just leave it and hopefully it will come back on... Happens a lot with the connected App 😂
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 01:52 PM   #6
KMoore
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 320i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
No disrespect, but that was funny!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 02:19 PM   #7
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMoore View Post
Quote:
No disrespect, but that was funny!
:-) Ah, I may experience that soon. My conclusion is that basically the dealers don't understand their product anymore.

The products are VERY complex and the solutions are many times software based. Nothing that a dealer can fix...
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 05:16 AM   #8
Skeewiff03
Private First Class
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i (G20)

Quote:
:-) Ah, I may experience that soon. My conclusion is that basically the dealers don't understand their product anymore.

The products are VERY complex and the solutions are many times software based. Nothing that a dealer can fix...
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 05:59 AM   #9
Sussex_G20
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekilshaw View Post
No, I just leave it and hopefully it will come back on... Happens a lot with the connected App 😂
I follow that approach but mine hasnt connected since 6th September. It is strange seeing as the connected drive on my 2017 X5 was rock solid so they can make it work. I am thinking of deleting my car and adding it again. Has anyone tried this?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 07:15 AM   #10
Sheppy330
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport

Hey All,

I picked up my 330e M Sport last thursday..

Love It however was browsing the forums as my app's been down for 24hrs hours, sod's law as i stumble across this post it seems to be back up and running.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 01:04 PM   #11
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppy330 View Post
Hey All,

I picked up my 330e M Sport last thursday..

Love It however was browsing the forums as my app's been down for 24hrs hours, sod's law as i stumble across this post it seems to be back up and running.

Cheers!
Yeah, mine is now working again!? IT problems I'd guess...
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 10:15 AM   #12
Sheppy330
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport

Hey All,

Sorry to drag this up again but for the past couple of weeks my connected app only seems to update once a week on a sunday evening, then fails to update at all throughout the rest of the week.

I spoke to Connected support who apprently sent through an update to my car blah blah but still no luck.

I have tried deleting the app, the car, and everything between.

Anyone any suggestions?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 02:41 PM   #13
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2019

Connected Drive keeps wiping my inputted vehicle details.

Every time I go onto the Connected Drive website, it asks me to sign in which it does no problem but the car I’ve entered has now gone and I need to enter it again and consequently do the pass code again in the car.

The app works okay on my phone and Apple Watch, I can see my range, check if the doors are locked, I can open and close the doors, turn lights on and see vehicle info.

Can’t seem to send destinations from the app to the car unless I’m missing where these are sent to.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 03:36 PM   #14
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
When I send destinations to the car the destination appears as a pop up on the display screen for you to accept as you enter the car....

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 03:44 PM   #15
KMoore
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 320i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnzie’s BM View Post
Connected Drive keeps wiping my inputted vehicle details.

Every time I go onto the Connected Drive website, it asks me to sign in which it does no problem but the car I’ve entered has now gone and I need to enter it again and consequently do the pass code again in the car.

The app works okay on my phone and Apple Watch, I can see my range, check if the doors are locked, I can open and close the doors, turn lights on and see vehicle info.

Can’t seem to send destinations from the app to the car unless I’m missing where these are sent to.
I never received any destinations to a guest profile, as soon as I created a driver profile it's working fine.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 03:56 PM   #16
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I’m using my driver profile but nothing comes through.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 03:57 PM   #17
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam the Bam View Post
When I send destinations to the car the destination appears as a pop up on the display screen for you to accept as you enter the car....
Yep, not getting anything like that through.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 04:41 AM   #18
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e

My app hadn't changed it's readings for my 330e since 20/10/19 so emailed BMW Connected Drive.

Their response is below, followed the steps and it has worked.

'Good Morning James

Thank you for your email.

The issue you're experiencing is a known problem affecting some of our customers. I would recommend to perform our temporary workaround which is to perform a Communication Unit Reset. You would need to:
- Ensure the vehicle's engine is running
- Press and hold the volume button for 30 seconds until the display blackens.

This will then trigger a reset of the head unit, there are no side effects other than the cancellation of active navigation routing and the interruption of ongoing phone calls.

Once this is done I would recommend deleting and reinstalling the app, and then to perform a service update within your vehicle – this is to synchronise your BMW Connected app/ConnectedDrive account. Steps are below:

· Press 'Menu' button
· Click on 'Apps' or 'ConnectedDrive'
· Click 'Options' button (next to your iDrive controller) Scroll & select 'Update apps and services' or 'Update BMW Services' click to update.

Please allow up to 24 hours for these changes to take effect. I hope this helps to rectify the issue, please inform me of the outcome so I can look at escalating this further. In the meantime if there's anything else I can help with please get back in touch.

Kind Regards
BMW ConnectedDrive'
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2019, 09:03 AM   #19
Sussex_G20
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackers View Post
My app hadn't changed it's readings for my 330e since 20/10/19 so emailed BMW Connected Drive.

Their response is below, followed the steps and it has worked.

'Good Morning James

Thank you for your email.

The issue you're experiencing is a known problem affecting some of our customers. I would recommend to perform our temporary workaround which is to perform a Communication Unit Reset. You would need to:
- Ensure the vehicle's engine is running
- Press and hold the volume button for 30 seconds until the display blackens.

This will then trigger a reset of the head unit, there are no side effects other than the cancellation of active navigation routing and the interruption of ongoing phone calls.

Once this is done I would recommend deleting and reinstalling the app, and then to perform a service update within your vehicle – this is to synchronise your BMW Connected app/ConnectedDrive account. Steps are below:

· Press 'Menu' button
· Click on 'Apps' or 'ConnectedDrive'
· Click 'Options' button (next to your iDrive controller) Scroll & select 'Update apps and services' or 'Update BMW Services' click to update.

Please allow up to 24 hours for these changes to take effect. I hope this helps to rectify the issue, please inform me of the outcome so I can look at escalating this further. In the meantime if there's anything else I can help with please get back in touch.

Kind Regards
BMW ConnectedDrive'

Mine hadn't updated since the start of September. Many calls to Connected Drive and emails too, to no avail.

Tried this this morning when I read the post. All sprang to life and updated. I did not reinstall app or re add the car it worked straight after reset and performing service update
Appreciate 1
      11-04-2019, 09:13 AM   #20
Blackers
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussex_G20 View Post
Mine hadn't updated since the start of September. Many calls to Connected Drive and emails too, to no avail. Tried this this morning when I read the post. All sprang to life and updated. I did not reinstall app or re add the car it worked straight after reset and performing service update
Glad it worked 👍

I didn't do the last steps either rebooted via the volume button and all working again
Appreciate 0