Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs CarPro Spotless Water spot and Mineral Remover/ your experience

09-23-2019, 07:40 PM   #1
Wmzorba09
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw M340 2020

I had a terrible experience with this product When using it today .. Doesn't work for hard water spots and may have damaged my ceramic coating, causing swirl marks on my hood while using to remove hard water spots ( even with ceramic coating). It looks like it may also have removed the coating from my windshield.

Any suggestions?
Anyone else have similar experience with this product?
Should I go back to the shop that did my ceramic coating and request paint correction on the hood to remove water spotting and swirling damage?

I thought ceramic coating is supposed to protect against swirling and hard water spots?
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2019, 10:37 PM   #2
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Wow that is terrible . I use most CarPro products and never any issues but I have not used that particular one. Incase this may help, https://www.carpro-us.com/paint-deco...r-500ml-16-oz/
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2019, 11:07 PM   #3
Wmzorba09
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw M340 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Wow that is terrible . I use most CarPro products and never any issues but I have not used that particular one. Incase this may help, https://www.carpro-us.com/paint-deco...r-500ml-16-oz/
Thank you but that's a link to the product I used... the spotless remover...
Appreciate 1
themnmd1687.00
      08-31-2022, 11:00 PM   #4
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmzorba09 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Thank you but that's a link to the product I used... the spotless remover...
Oh sorry. While have not used that water spot remover, I have good luck with CarPro. Best of luck to you. Perhaps you may have to polish ?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 03:42 PM   #5
Sandpiper
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i xDrive

Quote:
I had a terrible experience with this product When using it today .. Doesn't work for hard water spots and may have damaged my ceramic coating, causing swirl marks on my hood while using to remove hard water spots ( even with ceramic coating). It looks like it may also have removed the coating from my windshield.

Any suggestions?
Should I go back to the shop that did my ceramic coating and request paint correction on the hood to remove water spotting and swirling damage?

I thought ceramic coating is supposed to protect against swirling and hard water spots?
Did you try to clean it in direct sunlight or while the car was still "hot" from a recent drive or sitting in the sunlight?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 07:13 AM   #6
Nettles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Ceramic doesn’t protect from swirls and/or water spots. It’s a sacrificial layer so the coating took the hit instead of your paint.

Still amazes me how well marketing has worked on people when it comes to the ceramic/ppf craze.
Appreciate 1
Bobh5952.00
      11-01-2022, 07:51 PM   #7
peelerec
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i Mineral Grey

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:

Any suggestions?

Did you follow the instructions to the T? Usually what you experience happens due to what others have mentioned.....direct sunlight, car was hot/warm, etc.
      11-09-2022, 10:15 PM   #8
KyK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

My car is ceramic coating and I've used this product. You really have to use it on a cold surface and it shouldn't be sprayed directly onto glass. It also has to be neutralized asap after being used as its an acidic product which is probably why it ate through the ceramic coating.
Porsche 911 Carrera T (retired)
Appreciate 0