F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Which methanol injection kit?
GetBMWParts

09-04-2019, 08:09 PM   #1
McLaren720s
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition X

Which methanol injection kit?

Finally found a shop who has experience and will install my WMI kit. They池e familiar with AEM, Snow and BMS kits so I just have to pick one.

Which one do you guys recommend?

I hear people have had issues with Snow controller while the AEM controller is getting good reviews. And I like the BMS 2 gallon tanks compared to the standard 1 gallon tank you get with Snow and AEM. Some people also recommend braided lines and fittings

I知 not super knowledgeable when it comes to WMI so I知 afraid if I mix and match I値l get the wrong parts.
      09-05-2019, 11:14 AM   #2
Fuel-It!
Banned
Rep
Drives: M4, M5, M2C, X4M, 440i, etc...

Whatever kit you run get the BMS tank that fits hidden in the trunk, it's top notch.

The BMS WMI kit is really good but for the best performance with that you'd want to also have a JB4 added to the mix for safety and WMI control. It's compatible with your BM3 flash map or you could use BM3 to load BMS' free back end flash map designed for WMI use.
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2019, 01:11 PM   #3
McLaren720s
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuel-It! View Post
Whatever kit you run get the BMS tank that fits hidden in the trunk, it's top notch.

The BMS WMI kit is really good but for the best performance with that you'd want to also have a JB4 added to the mix for safety and WMI control. It's compatible with your BM3 flash map or you could use BM3 to load BMS' free back end flash map designed for WMI use.
I have BM3 Stage 2 flashed so I won’t be using JB4. What do you mean by using BM3 to load BMS free back end flash map?
Is that a map made by BMS that I can flash with BM3? How would I get that map?

What if I just get a custom Tuned BM3 map from a custom tuner that’s tailored for meth injection (of course, that costs $$$)?

I also noticed that the AEM kit has the controller, where in the case of BMS you wouldn’t have that, but instead you use JB4 as controller?
      09-05-2019, 03:23 PM   #4
zinner
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: `17 X5 35d/`15 335i/`18 M550IX

I would get the stealth tank like Fuel-IT says and let the installer pic the rest of the components. the stealth tank is money, it's huge and has a spot for the pump underneath. It's more about what the installers works with the most otherwise they have to learn something new and that costs you extra money. Are you doing WMI for intercooling right ? Not for fueling I hope.
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2019, 03:37 PM   #5
McLaren720s
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
I would get the stealth tank like Fuel-IT says and let the installer pic the rest of the components. the stealth tank is money, it's huge and has a spot for the pump underneath. It's more about what the installers works with the most otherwise they have to learn something new and that costs you extra money. Are you doing WMI for intercooling right ? Not for fueling I hope.
The shop said they don稚 build custom kits and just get them whichever kit I want installed.
The stealth tank from BMS does sound very good.

I知 doing mainly for inter cooling but my impression was that you can also tune to get more power out of it with the added octane, is that not correct?
      09-06-2019, 08:28 AM   #6
zinner
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: `17 X5 35d/`15 335i/`18 M550IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren720s View Post
I知 doing mainly for inter cooling but my impression was that you can also tune to get more power out of it with the added octane, is that not correct?
Yes my shop was able to get 35 hp from additional timing.
Appreciate 1