Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Perceived interior quality review after a few days ownership

09-04-2019, 05:20 AM   #1
Gregus330i
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Perceived interior quality review after a few days ownership

Just a quick and for me, necessary review specifically regarding my perception of interior quality.

Positive: excellent seats, nice quality leather, comfort, quietness, nice intuitive dash, good quality plastics mostly, nice ambient lighting, shame there's no setting so it goes through all the colours in sequence.

Negative: My centre console lid above cup holders is broken already, movement of it was already poor, car booked in next week. The centre console buttons are one piece plastic with a noticeably poor quality feel when pressing any of the buttons. The whole one piece plastic moves just by pressing one button and feels awful, like it won't last long. The rotary knob is ok, not as good feeling as the current Audi A4.

That's it, just my own quick review regarding the interior perceived quality.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 07:15 AM   #2
rajens00
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregus330i View Post
Just a quick and for me, necessary review specifically regarding my perception of interior quality.

Positive: excellent seats, nice quality leather, comfort, quietness, nice intuitive dash, good quality plastics mostly, nice ambient lighting, shame there's no setting so it goes through all the colours in sequence.

Negative: My centre console lid above cup holders is broken already, movement of it was already poor, car booked in next week. The centre console buttons are one piece plastic with a noticeably poor quality feel when pressing any of the buttons. The whole one piece plastic moves just by pressing one button and feels awful, like it won't last long. The rotary knob is ok, not as good feeling as the current Audi A4.

That's it, just my own quick review regarding the interior perceived quality.
If BMW would only line the inside of the center console and door map pockets with felt, like other BMWs , it would probably cost them about one dollar per car and add < 1 pound. These steps alone would help turn down the Volume on the cheapness of the interior.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17427.50
      09-04-2019, 08:25 AM   #3
Jebk
Private
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

RGB cycling on the interior lights is apparently only going to be available in the special fast&furious 10 edition and only if you also spec the optional 20" spinners, Heinz performance exhaust and vileda aero packs. They'll also only be on the 316i.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 01:18 PM   #4
Isow
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebk View Post
RGB cycling on the interior lights is apparently only going to be available in the special fast&furious 10 edition and only if you also spec the optional 20" spinners, Heinz performance exhaust and vileda aero packs. They'll also only be on the 316i.
??
No idea what you are talking about.
Sorry.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 01:31 PM   #5
Bumble
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series. Aiudi Q3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isow View Post
??
No idea what you are talking about.
Sorry.
The colour of the ambient lighting can be selected and fixed via the i-drive, just remember to do it for the second ignition key as well. I like the lilac colour

Last edited by Bumble; 09-04-2019 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
Isow319.00
      09-04-2019, 02:50 PM   #6
Bumble
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series. Aiudi Q3

https://cdn.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...6&d=1565879831
Appreciate 0