BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-01-2019, 10:34 AM   #1
NoCompromise
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 40i Msport, X6 M50D

Dear Gurus

About a thousand miles into a road trip and a couple of questions...

1. Any idea how to disable the alarm using the display key? The usual press lock once and press again doesn't work. Annoyingly the key tells you alarm armed and tilt sensor armed on display key but no option to change it. The DK really is useless...anyone at least managed to lock without the internal alarm using the regular key? This is for an overnight ferry.

2. Any way of saving where you are as a destination? You used to click on the I drive wheel but that doesn't work in either interactive or regular map mode.

3. Anyone with android managed to get Spotify to work? I assume it doesn't but thought it worth asking...

Car really is a mile muncher, even if the 40i is better suited to 0 to 60 than a 60 to 80mph sprint. Should have held out for the V8. Hey ho.

Thanks team!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 10:35 AM   #2
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
you can use Spotify with Android via Bluetooth.

click the map and hit save, there's a way to do this if that's not it exactly I'll have to check but it's pretty simple
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 11:18 AM   #3
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCompromise View Post
A

2. Any way of saving where you are as a destination? You used to click on the I drive wheel but that doesn't work in either interactive or regular map mode.

!
Bring up the map, press on the map button.

Press on the control wheel.

A cursor will appear on the map along with a pop-up menu. Press on the control wheel to save the cursor location as a favorite.

OR

Select "Interactive Map" from the pop-up menu; you may have to turn the control wheel to find it.

You can move the cursor around using by sliding your finger on the control wheel.

Press on the cursor to save whatever the cursor is on as a favorite.

At the bottom of the pop-up menu is a "Return to current location " to get the map set to where your car is.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 04:52 PM   #4
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCompromise View Post
About a thousand miles into a road trip and a couple of questions...

1. Any idea how to disable the alarm using the display key? The usual press lock once and press again doesn't work. Annoyingly the key tells you alarm armed and tilt sensor armed on display key but no option to change it. The DK really is useless...anyone at least managed to lock without the internal alarm using the regular key? This is for an overnight ferry.

3. Anyone with android managed to get Spotify to work? I assume it doesn't but thought it worth asking...

Car really is a mile muncher, even if the 40i is better suited to 0 to 60 than a 60 to 80mph sprint. Should have held out for the V8. Hey ho.

Thanks team!
Found this in my digital guide. Just push the lock button, then push it again within 10 seconds and the alarm light in the mirror should turn on for a couple seconds and then resume it's usual flash. Disables motion and tilt sensors.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 05:42 PM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

On my 2013 f06 w/comfort access...I can also deactivate the interior motion sensor & tilt sensor by pressing on the ridges on the door handle that lock the door by touch. All I have to do is press twice (just as if I was using the button on the remote).

Can you still lock the doors by pressing a specific location on the door handles if your G05 has comfort access?

Since BMW combined activating/deactivating FZV/DWA/EWS (remote central locking/anti-theft alarm siren system/immobilizer) into the remote...using the remote or the driver's door exterior lock has always armed DWA. The only way to lock the vehicle without activating DWA is to manually lock the doors or use the central locking button on the inside of the car.

But the problem you have to work around is the driver's door. It won't lock if it is open (its an anti-lock out feature)...so you have to manually lock all the car doors from one of the passenger doors...either locking each door pin manually, or using the interior central locking button. If you do this...make sure you have your key/remote on you BEFORE you shut the last door. If you still have your key inside the car...then you've just locked yourself out of the vehicle.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 09-01-2019 at 05:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 05:43 PM   #6
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
On my 2013 f06 w/comfort access...I can also deactivate the interior motion sensor & tilt sensor by pressing on the ridges on the door handle that lock the door by touch. All I have to do is press twice (just as if I was using the button on the remote).

Can you still lock the doors by pressing a specific location on the door handles if your G05 has comfort access?
Yep. That works too. As long as you see the mirror alarm light stick on for an extra second and then go back to flashing.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 05:53 PM   #7
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep

If you have VC (voice control) you should be able to quickly save a destination, too. A g05's VC is probably even better than older systems...so a simple command like "HEY BMW, SAVE DESTINATION" will probably pull up the map as well as save the location...or at least bring it up on iDrive so that you can manually save information to the destination you want to save.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 09-02-2019 at 04:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 03:31 PM   #8
NoCompromise
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 40i Msport, X6 M50D

Thanks all, will try experimenting tomorrow as the obvious didn't work...
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 04:27 PM   #9
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep

My CIC owners manual (not the regular car's owners manual) had a long list of voice commands...again, this is for the older CIC iDrive. You should have the more updated voice command system...and check your owners manual (do they still give them out) to see if you have a "cheat sheet".

Last edited by Qsilver7; 09-02-2019 at 04:49 PM..
Appreciate 0