forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum X7 prepaid services

08-18-2019, 10:38 AM   #1
ATX512
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40i

X7 prepaid services

I am picking up my 2020 X7 40i tomorrow and was wondering if anyone can shed any light to me on the prepaid service packages they offer at signing. I am doing a 36/12K lease but will probably end up closer to 40K miles at lease end. Are the extra packages they offer worth it or same price if I pay for maintenance as I go? Any other packages they offer at signing recommended?
Edit: thought I should mention, this will be my first new BMW purchase, so any and all advice would be welcome.

Last edited by ATX512; 08-18-2019 at 01:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 12:41 PM   #2
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

Good question, I would like to know too.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 06:33 PM   #3
FishOuttaWater
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 X7 40i/'20 F-350/21 Jeep

After a lifetime of GM's, Toyotas, and Fords, this is our first BMW. The GVWR is over 6k so I had my business buy it, which I am sure will cost me in the end somehow. I usually don't buy any extra warranty items but this being our first BMW I did get a couple. For one I got the Auto Butler 5yr paint protection package for $599. Here's the fine print
AUTO BUTLER’S PREMIER PAINT PROTECTION II LIMITED SERVICE WARRANTY In order to increase the life and finish of your vehicle’s exterior paint, the dealership has applied Auto Butler to this vehicle and have committed to reapply Auto Butler every 6 months for the total time period identified above. Auto Butler Premier Paint Protection II protects your vehicle’s finish via a 2-step “system.” The first step in the Auto Butler protection system polishes your car and prepares your paint for the second step by cleaning your paint of contaminants. The second step, a synthetic zinc cross linked co-polymer, is designed to create a long lasting bond to your paint surface. This system creates a tough shield against environmental hazards such as tree sap, bird droppings, acid rain and the sun’s ultra violet rays. TERMS OF LIMITED SERVICE WARRANTY NOTICE AND COMMUNICATION: Every 6 months, during the time period identified above, you will receive a notice via mail, telephone and/or email inviting you back to this dealership to have the Auto Butler Premier Paint Protection II reapplied. Notices will be sent to you based on the information provided above. Should your contact information change, please notify Auto Butler immediately. Upon receipt of the notice you must contact the dealership within thirty (30) days to schedule an appointment for the reapplication of the Auto Butler Premier Paint Protection II. LIMITED WARRANTY: In the event that your vehicle’s original manufacturer’s exterior painted surface becomes dull, loses its gloss or is compromised by bird droppings, tree sap or acid rain (“Covered Events”) during the Term, we will buff out the affected surface and retreat it with Auto Butler Premier Protection II so long as you file a claim during the Term. No warranty is available for vehicles with more than 24,000 miles / 40,000KM and more than 2 years from the original in-service date, but maintenance programs are available. LIMITATIONS AND CONDITIONS: This limited warranty is applicable only to motor vehicles registered for private, non-commercial use which, at the time of your purchase from Dealer, have less than 24,000 miles / 40,000 Kilometers and have been in service for less than 2 years. In order to qualify for the limited warranty, Auto Butler Premier Paint Protection II must be applied to the vehicle before you take possession of it from the Dealer. Thereafter, it must be reapplied every 6 months by the Dealer until the expiration of the limited warranty. Your failure to have the periodic reapplication of Auto Butler Premier Paint Protection II performed timely shall void this limited warranty. Except as set forth in this document, we expressly disclaim all warranties, either express or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Additionally, this Agreement does not alter or modify the warranty language and disclaimers, if any, on any sale contract with Dealer or window sticker. This document constitutes the entire understanding between you and us regarding the Auto Butler product except as set forth herein. MAINTENANCE OF EXTERIOR: To keep your vehicle looking its best, wash your vehicle often at a car wash using soft cloth. If your vehicle gets bird droppings, acid rain, bugs or other contaminants on it have them removed immediately. TRANSFERABILITY: You may assign this limited warranty in accordance with the terms on the reverse side. EXCLUSIONS: Excluded from this limited warranty coverage is damage due to any reason other than the Covered Events identified in the “LIMITED WARRANTY” section above. Types of problems or damage not covered by this limited warranty include, but are not limited to, damage to the paint and chrome surface resulting from an accident, vandalism, intentional act, defect, rust, chemicals, insect/stone marks, hard water spotting, flood, or act of God, its owner or others. Additionally, we are not responsible for incidental or consequential damages resulting from Covered Events. FILING A CLAIM & CLAIMS PROCESS: Claims must be filed within 30 days of the Covered Event. Notice of the claim must include a description of the event, a description of the damage, the dates of the reapplication of Auto Butler Premier Paint Protection II accompanied by service orders from the Dealer confirming the reapplications, and must be sent to us at the address provided below. We will then schedule an inspection of the vehicle. You may be required to return the vehicle to the Dealer for the inspection. EXISTENCE OF VEHICLE’S MANUFACTURER WARRANTY: Auto Butler Premier Paint Protection II is not a substitute for any limited warranty provided by the vehicle’s manufacturer (”Vehicle Warranty”). If the Vehicle Warranty also covers the Covered Event, you must first make a claim under the Vehicle Warranty and exhaust your remedies under the Vehicle Warranty before making a claim with Auto Butler. This product is fully refundable with-in thirty days of date of purchase by your selling dealership but a one-time application charge may apply. If you have any questions or comments, please contact Auto Butler Warranty Inc., 4701 Humboldt Ave. N. Minneapolis, MN 55430, call 1-800-328-7434 or email to info@autobutler.net.

We also got the interior protection package as my wife hauls around our 3 grandkids, ages 6, 4, and almost 2, as well as our Jack Russell. It too was $599. Here's the fine print on that:
Interior Protection Warrantied Fabric/Carpet Protection against: fast food & beverage stains, juice boxes, bleaches & dyes, sun’s UV rays, mold & mildew, fading, discoloration, cracking of the dash and burns (burns are limited to the size of a typical cigarette burn). Warrantied Leather/Vinyl Protection against: punctures & burns (less than 1/4 inch in diameter) and rips & tears (less than 1 inch). Up to Five (5) years RENEWABLE FOR LIFE FCA 

The biggie was the 84 month/125,000 mi for $4885. Allegedly it covers pretty much everything except tires. I plan on keeping this past 100k, which will come pretty quickly if our travel plans don't get derailed. They have one for the tires too but I didn't get that one. Make sure you ask plenty of questions as these are expensive and may not make sense to everyone. Good luck.

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 08:19 PM   #4
Pictor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX xDrive50

Garage List
The only maintenance you'll pay for within your lease period is to replace your wiper blades and tires. I normally pass on any prepaid maintenance with BMW since most normal maintenance is covered for the first three years.

My wife goes through brakes pretty quickly so we opted for the Ultimate Care+ package which includes brakes and wipers which is essentially what BMW used to cover before 2015(?) but now they charge a modest amount for. Her lease is up in two months and her brakes are still good this time.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 10:00 PM   #5
ATX512
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictor View Post
The only maintenance you'll pay for within your lease period is to replace your wiper blades and tires. I normally pass on any prepaid maintenance with BMW since most normal maintenance is covered for the first three years.

My wife goes through brakes pretty quickly so we opted for the Ultimate Care+ package which includes brakes and wipers which is essentially what BMW used to cover before 2015(?) but now they charge a modest amount for. Her lease is up in two months and her brakes are still good this time.
Is that the ~$700 package? I got the 22” rims, so I’m assuming the tires won’t be cheap. Does this ~$700 package cover 4 tire replacements?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 10:10 PM   #6
unfoundnemo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX512 View Post
Is that the ~$700 package? I got the 22” rims, so I’m assuming the tires won’t be cheap. Does this ~$700 package cover 4 tire replacements?
Care+ doesn't cover tires... just wipes and brakes. The Care +1,2,3, etc. are the same, just extending it out that many years/miles.

They'll try to sell you a separate tire and wheel package, but it would likely be around $3k. You could get separate tire/wheel coverage elsewhere cheaper if you really want it, but I would never advocate for buying an insurance that's not required.
      08-19-2019, 08:38 AM   #7
nitrous_nit
Private
Rep
Drives: audi q7

Quote:
I am picking up my 2020 X7 40i tomorrow and was wondering if anyone can shed any light to me on the prepaid service packages they offer at signing. I am doing a 36/12K lease but will probably end up closer to 40K miles at lease end. Are the extra packages they offer worth it or same price if I pay for maintenance as I go? Any other packages they offer at signing recommended?
Edit: thought I should mention, this will be my first new BMW purchase, so any and all advice would be welcome.
They offered me a plan which included covering wear and tear on the seats, some sort of wheel protection and I declined.

They were also trying to get me to do a ceramic coat for $1500, and I declined that too.

You should be covered for maintenance for 3 years, not too sure about the brakes and tyres though!

Pretty much declined whatever they offered me at time of signing.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 08:42 AM   #8
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Quote:
I'm new to BMW as well so this thread has been enlightening. I declined all of the add-on services and extended warrantees because I only keep a vehicle for 2 or 3 years.

Please post some pics of your new X7 when you get it. And congrats!
Appreciate 0