BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-15-2019, 09:32 PM   #1
Mongoose777
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X 5 M-Sport

Suntek PPF Ultra Wrap??

I thought this would be a great investment in protecting my new 2019 X5 M-Sport (Tanzanite/Coffee Merino Leather).
I went with Suntek PPF Ultra and covered from the windshield forward and wrapped the hood, lights, mirrors, lower rocker, quarter panels, door edge trim, rear bumper & black trim B-Pillars (Black trim above the doors).
It all looks great for only $1780.00
My question is should I put a Ceramic coating over the PPF, especially over the areas I didn't wrap??
I was thinking of using the Torque Shine spray type?
Finally, what type of leather sealer should I get for the Merino leather?
Thanks

Last edited by Mongoose777; 08-15-2019 at 09:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 01:35 AM   #2
BMW_Cyprus
Private
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Looking forward to G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose777 View Post
I thought this would be a great investment in protecting my new 2019 X5 M-Sport (Tanzanite/Coffee Merino Leather).
I went with Suntek PPF Ultra and covered from the windshield forward and wrapped the hood, lights, mirrors, lower rocker, quarter panels, door edge trim, rear bumper & black trim B-Pillars (Black trim above the doors).
My question is should I put a Ceramic coating over the PPF, especially over the areas I didn't wrap??
Thanks
Search and thou shall find... There are a lot of posts on this forum related to PPF, coating etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 10:01 AM   #3
poppop
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i TBII

Quote:
Thanks
Nice things you are doing. Scotty I cannot answer your questions. Your build is the same exterior/ interior combo I will be ordering. Any chance you can post some pictures?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 10:09 AM   #4
JayInVa
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 40i MSport Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Thanks
Did the exact same PPF you did with Suntek. I also ceramic'd the whole car on top of the PPF with gtechnique crystal serum ultra; wheels too. Couldn't be happier. I'd highly recommend it.
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2019, 10:29 AM   #5
AustinV
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i (2019)

Quote:
Thanks
I could never understand why people pour thousands of dollars onto ceramic wraps / coating etc. on their cars? Are you going to ride this car forever? It will age / show signs of wear and tear regardless. And it will depreciate substantially no matter how many coats you are going to put on it. All it's doing is filling someone else's pockets with your money.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 02:34 PM   #6
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
my car has a Suntek wrap, full front, mirror caps, partial roof and rockers it's great
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2019, 05:32 PM   #7
Mongoose777
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X 5 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinV View Post
I could never understand why people pour thousands of dollars onto ceramic wraps / coating etc. on their cars? Are you going to ride this car forever? It will age / show signs of wear and tear regardless. And it will depreciate substantially no matter how many coats you are going to put on it. All it's doing is filling someone else's pockets with your money.
While I appreciate your opinion, I beg to differ.
We live in Dallas Fort Worth area of 9-million people where its like a concrete city with numerous freeways and tollroads just to get around.
Ive had both a Mercedes E 320, an Audio A4 and Toyota Tundra and all of them have rock chips all over the front and the hood.
The 2017 Lexus NX (Black) I had for two years as I put PPF on half of the hood and all front covered that only cost $600. It did have several hits or nicks on the wrap, but none damaged the paint. I was able to get $4k for trade and it qualified for a CPO according to the dealer.
Thats not money wasted as I see it as protecting the body and the paint as best as possible. Perhaps you don't need it or care in Canada, but the PPF could possibly protect the paint from constant ice and the potential salt treatment used by the city.
Thanks for your perspective.

Last edited by Mongoose777; 08-16-2019 at 10:39 PM..
Appreciate 2
edtreo88.50