BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-11-2019, 11:24 AM   #1
bimmer1000
Rep
Drives: Ford Mustang

Delay taking delivery for potential incentives?

It seems that the folks who took delivery of their 2020 X5 did not have any financing/conquest incentives (loyalty rebates I'm not sure). Would it be wise to delay taking delivery hoping that at least some incentives will be available around Labor Day? How long can you stretch it? A few days may make a couple thousand dollars difference here.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #2
poppop
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i TBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer1000 View Post
It seems that the folks who took delivery of their 2020 X5 did not have any financing/conquest incentives (loyalty rebates I'm not sure). Would it be wise to delay taking delivery hoping that at least some incentives will be available around Labor Day? How long can you stretch it? A few days may make a couple thousand dollars difference here.
I have similar thoughts. Not only incentives but possibly better discounts in a couple of months during the Nov/ Dec holiday sales events. I just have to keep patient and see.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 12:51 PM   #3
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Hope for a late production and September delivery but it depends on your dealer. You'd might be hard pressed to get them to delay delivery. If it arrives before the end of the month they'd probably like to wrap it up with August sales.

There's usually more incentives towards the end of the year excluding new launch vehicles.

My current X5 leases wraps up at the end of this month, will head over around middle of Sept to order and extend my lease a month or two depending on production.

Appreciate 0