08-05-2019, 11:48 AM   #1
AustinV
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i (2019)

Connected Drive / Multiple Profiles

Added car to Connected Drive app / activated all works great
Logged into my CD account from the car - can see my name etc. / associated with 1st key fob
Created CD account for my wife / Added car by VIN / did the same / associated with the 2nd key fob / all works great

Now got back into my Connected Drive app and car is gone. Is it only supposed to be added into one CD app at once? And CD accounts can just exist separately without VIN added into the app, then be logged into account through the car?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 01:24 PM   #2
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

The second account needs to be a secondary account, so if you create another primary CD account and add VIN it will move it to that account. Dealer set mine up but my wife was added as a secondary to the same account with her own login but she sees the same care (and has fewer options in the account that she can change - account related not car related). You will need to call them and add her as a secondary, but if you need to use that same email it will likely cause you some heartache as they have to remove it and then wait and then add it once it is purged out - last time I had an issue took them a week to remove and add with the same email.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 03:22 PM   #3
AustinV
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i (2019)

Yes makes sense it's dealer / BMW controlled. I just logged into Web based Connected Drive portal and see my dealer info there, all subscribed services with their end dates like CarPlay etc. No option to add secondary name / account. I transferred VIN back to my app and wife still able to use her CD account in the car, recognized automatically. Will see how it goes.
Appreciate 0