BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-04-2019, 10:01 PM   #1
bimmer1000
Rep
Drives: Ford Mustang

I put in an order last month for the 2020 X5. On mygarage it is scheduled for production as of today. I wanted to change the upholstery color from black to ivory white, CA told me it might not be possible even if it has not entered the production line. She said if it's cutting too close to production nothing they can do. Any similar experience with last minute changes after ordering?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 10:11 PM   #2
mattsrs
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer1000 View Post
I put in an order last month for the 2020 X5. On mygarage it is scheduled for production as of today. I wanted to change the upholstery color from black to ivory white, CA told me it might not be possible even if it has not entered the production line. She said if it's cutting too close to production nothing they can do. Any similar experience with last minute changes after ordering?
If it got a VIN number, no change possible. Otherwise they can still change
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 11:30 PM   #3
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
If car hit 150 status, likely too late. At this stage parts are ordered and VIN assigned. Car enters the line usually 5-10 days later.

If your order isn't a tough sell for them, ask dealer to re-order the way you want it.
      08-05-2019, 12:13 PM   #4
bimmer1000
Rep

CA told me my car is not 150 but because it is an individual exterior color, they cannot change it if the order has been in the system for 10 days or more. Im trying to ask them to put in another order but have to wait for my current car to sell to get my deposit back (2000 dollars). Does this sound reasonable to you guys? You would think exterior color has little to do with interior leather parts.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 12:21 PM   #5
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
CA told me my car is not 150 but because it is an individual exterior color, they cannot change it if the order has been in the system for 10 days or more. Im trying to ask them to put in another order but have to wait for my current car to sell to get my deposit back (2000 dollars). Does this sound reasonable to you guys? You would think exterior color has little to do with interior leather parts.
Priority 1 paint locks you into 150 status once your build was submitted.

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 12:30 PM   #6
egar2099
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G05

Quote:

$2k deposit ... ouch.

I would talk to the manager ... if they want your business they should be able to order another.
Appreciate 1
      08-05-2019, 03:22 PM   #7
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
They seem to be connected in the online tracker though....
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 08:25 PM   #8
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Quote:
He is totally right, usually they close for any changes a couple of weeks before production
      08-07-2019, 08:25 AM   #9
bimmer1000
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by motex View Post
Quote:
He is totally right, usually they close for any changes a couple of weeks before production
Ended up sticking with the original choice of black upholstery color. Coz white is hard to clean, easy to get dirty, and personally I think it doesn't mesh with the black front panel or doors as well as the black.
Appreciate 0