BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-29-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

BMW Ultimate Driving Experience - G05 and G07

My wife and I went to the BMW Ultimate Driving Experience yesterday in San Francisco.

First, BMW does a really nice job with these shows. Kudos.

They had X5s and X7s available for testing driving. They also had an I8, an M850, an M5 comp, and an M2 to test drive. That was a surprise to me. Sadly, the waiting line for the M850 and M5 was too long and we ran out of time. But I did drive the M2 and the I8.

I'd love to have an M2 but not as a daily driver. It must be a beast on the track. The I8 is nice but impractical in every single way.

My take away from this year is my wife and I have exactly the BMW's we want to have. Her G05 40i is amazing, comfortable, and filled with all the latest technology and my F30 m-sport is fun, nimble, and low to the ground for a completely different experience than driving the G05. Its so nice to switch between two quite different cars with the common components being the M sport steering wheel and that awesome 8-speed ZF transmission.

Bottom line: Nice job BMW. After driving the other models, no regrets at all getting the G05.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
TurtleBoy13276.00
      07-29-2019, 05:28 PM   #2
rparnel1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

I also got to enjoy the M town tour in Ft Worth, Texas a few weeks ago. Had signed up to drive the 617 hp M5 competition at 1:00 pm.

Was expecting an attendant/chaperone to go with me on the ride, but instead, they handed me the keys and said be back in 20 minutes.

Wow! That might have been a mistake on their part and I fully took advantage of it. Drove it like I had stole it. Not proud of the many traffic law I broke in that short 20 minutes, but again, WOW!

617 hp in a twin turbo V8 AWD track vehicle was something special. Was limited on top speeds because I was in the city, but stomped on it every it chance. Handling and braking were superb. Acceleration was amazing, along with sounding pretty good.

Will never be in my budget, but it was nice to experience it.

I was gone about 25 minutes, instead of 20, but it was no problem for them. When I turned in the key, the attendant asked if I wanted drive another, which was an M3.

It was only 450 hp in a RWD turbo 6, so it was kind of a dog after what I had just got thru driving, but was still plenty awesome

A really enjoyable experience
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11420.50