E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Tried some products from Detailed Image

08-14-2008, 05:42 PM   #1
BeAmW335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Tried some products from Detailed Image

Thank you George for your excellent service!

I've always been an OTC cleaning products guy, but as I learn more and more about car detailing, I wanted to try out more "professional" grade products.

All these products were tried on my sister's 2003 silver E500 with grey interior

303: Cleaner & Spot Remover - Very good product. I used it to spot clean the light gray interior carpet, and it worked really well. Simply spray the area to be cleaned, wait a few seconds, then blot the dirt with a damp sponge. I wonder how it compares to good old Resolve.

CG: Silk Shine Dressing & Protectant - Love it. I sprayed it directly to a MF towel, and wiped the entire dashboard. It left a natural looking shine, made the plastic look darker, and with zero oily feel. I also sprayed it directly to the tires, and it gave them a very shiny look. I wonder how long it will last on the tires? It's funny because the dashboard was not shiny, but the tires were super shiny. Go figure!

Chemical Guys: Speed Wipe (Anti-Static) Quick Detailer - This stuff smells like bubble gum! Unfortunately, I didn't get to try it yet.

P21S: Gel Wheel Cleaner - I have never used any other gel based wheel cleaners, and this product is very good. I was expecting it to be more "gel like", but it's fairly liquidy. It did not drip as fast as traditional wheel cleaners, but still dripped slowly. I used it to break down the caked on brake dust, and it worked really well. It's not magic, and doesn't remove the caked on brake dust without some scrubbing. I only left it on the wheels for a few minutes, and then I used a wheel brush to clean the wheels. After a few sprays, the sprayer got clogged or something, because it was shooting 90% foam, and 10% product. Anyway, that's a different story!

P21S: Total Auto Wash - I like this product so much that if it smelled like the CG speed wide QD, I'd drink it. Someone please remind me not to put it next to Gatorade next time. I used it to clean the inside part of the hood, door jams, painted areas inside the trunk, and it worked like a champ. I think you can use it for interior also, but I was scared to try that.

Good stuff!

Last edited by BeAmW335i; 08-14-2008 at 07:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

speedwipe smells like bubble gum to me lol

DI is good stuff!
Appreciate 0