F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > fuel leak PLEASE HELP
Studio RSR

07-13-2019, 09:03 PM   #1
Zabiz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i

fuel leak PLEASE HELP

hello everyone, it's been 3 days since i had my cars LPFP changed by a independent mechanic and the car has a slight gas odor outside, I had it on the inside too but baking soda helped it out. Now I'm afraid that my gas tank may be cracked or something because theres this sort of grease on it doesn't look like raw fuel but kinda smells like it. I have a catless downpipe installed and I was wondering would I have to take it off and put my stock one on if I go to the dealer under the California PVEZ warranty ? I don't think they would even look as it's fuel issues not exhaust or engine related.

Car has never had any issue like that before until getting it replaced
cars fuel gauge is accurate
cars been parked on an incline on a driveway and no visible drips
no fuel smell visible by inside or near the gasket or fuel pump or fuel filler.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 10:30 PM   #2
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
I wouldn't bother removing catless dp. Take it to dealer... fuel tank and related issues are warranted to over 100k miles on SULEV.

The onus would be on them to prove that catless downpipe was the cause... which would likely be impossible.

Report back with findings.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 12:51 AM   #3
Zabiz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
I wouldn't bother removing catless dp. Take it to dealer... fuel tank and related issues are warranted to over 100k miles on SULEV.

The onus would be on them to prove that catless downpipe was the cause... which would likely be impossible.

Report back with findings.
Ok thank you brother, I will definitely take it to them cause as soon as you walk up to the car the gas smell hits you but you can't pinpoint it to a specific spot
Appreciate 1
sspade2464.50