E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Turn signal issues

07-01-2019, 05:03 PM   #1
jhalsey1
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Turn signal issues

I am having intermittent turn signal issues with my 06 325i.

Sometimes when I start the car I have turn signals and high beams. Sometimes my turn signals are available through an entire trip even if trip lasts 30 minutes and used many times. Sometimes when I start the car, the turn signals and high beams don’t work and never work until I park and start car again for another trip. Sometimes they don’t work no matter how many times I restart car that day. Sometimes they work during a trip then they stop then they start working again during the same trip.

When the turn signals don't work there are no lights on dash no front or rear lights and no sound indicator. No error codes are displayed in instrument panel. no bad bulb message and All bulbs work. Hazard lights always work even when turn signals don’t.

I checked the FCM with INPA and no errors are listed in the module. I removed the light switch assembly and unplugged and re plugged in harness. Doesn’t seem to be the issue. I checked for shorts in headlight assembly and fuse panels. No luck. I have halogen headlights no adaptive lights so I don't believe I have LCM if I do I cant locate it. it seems unlikely that it is the FCM even with no faults codes are thrown correct? Are there any suggestion for further troubleshooting? I am at a loss.
Appreciate 0