F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Who says crime doesn’t pay......?
proTUNING Freaks

06-12-2019, 04:01 PM   #1
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Who says crime doesn’t pay......?

One of these scoundrels is a lad that we used to hang round with when I was at college, whilst all of us were driving shit boxes he had a new 3 series coupe and rolls of £50 notes.

The Lamborghini and Ferrari are, cough, were his cars.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...es-17-16408703

No chance I could live my life like that just waiting for a knock on the door so to speak.

4.5 years and then back out, rinse repeat, as he was sent down in 2011 for the same offence, he seems to have made a lifetime career out of it.

Nice cars though!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 04:55 PM   #2
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
There’s plenty who are prepared to take the risk. To them it’s an occupational hazard,getting locked up etc

Heard of a few who’ve made quite a career out of it.
      06-12-2019, 05:44 PM   #3
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Splashing images on social media of Lambos and Ferraris parked outside your run down suburban house is always going to attract the kind of attention you don't want.

Good to see some stuff sentences being dealt.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 05:52 PM   #4
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
Splashing images on social media of Lambos and Ferraris parked outside your run down suburban house is always going to attract the kind of attention you don't want.

Good to see some stuff sentences being dealt.
From what I can gather from a friend who knows him fairly well the pics of the cars aren’t at his house, where he lives is a pretty affluent area and looks nothing like that, my guess is he was in with the supercar rental business one of the others was named in, maybe.

The amount of cash is ridiculous though, WTF do you do with it in 2019 without getting caught?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 06:36 PM   #5
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
The amount of cash is ridiculous though, WTF do you do with it in 2019 without getting caught?
Whenever I see someone in a supermarket / restaurant / petrol station paying anything over £20 in cash these days, I always thing they’re probably a bit dodgy, unless they’re elderly. As you say, it must be quite tough to deal with these huge sums.

On another matter, perhaps it’s the drugs, but the first two people pictured look about 25 years older than their real age!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 03:47 AM   #6
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

The old bill have got their figures well over inflated.

A kilo of 70% (or above) purity goes for in the region of just shy of £40k a brick.

186 kilos at £40k each is £7.4 million, not £20m.

Bear in mind it is highly unlikely they would have even had £7 million in cash around them as at their level of the food chain they are giving a lot of it out on tick and probably receiving payments in drips and drabs from their debtors.

I think the police may have been using the weight of the cutting agents to add to the actual figure as ultimately once the sniff has been boshed the quantity of it can increase by over 50% depending on what base they used to start with.

Anyway, as others have said they will probably do circa 4 to 5 years behind the door before they are back out again plying their trade.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 03:57 AM   #7
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Andy View Post
The old bill have got their figures well over inflated.

A kilo of 70% (or above) purity goes for in the region of just shy of £40k a brick.

186 kilos at £40k each is £7.4 million, not £20m.

Bear in mind it is highly unlikely they would have even had £7 million in cash around them as at their level of the food chain they are giving a lot of it out on tick and probably receiving payments in drips and drabs from their debtors.

I think the police may have been using the weight of the cutting agents to add to the actual figure as ultimately once the sniff has been boshed the quantity of it can increase by over 50% depending on what base they used to start with.

Anyway, as others have said they will probably do circa 4 to 5 years behind the door before they are back out again plying their trade.
That is some inside knowledge... How did you say you paid for your M5, again?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 04:44 AM   #8
stevei
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 420i M Sport+

The thing is though....i'd rather be skint than look like any of those two fuckers.

It's generally peoples greed that gets them caught. Wanting more and more instead of making enough so not to grab attention.
      06-13-2019, 05:02 AM   #9
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

And as soon as they were arrested and off the streets, the gang on the next level would have taken the opportunity to move up.

Then the next level would have moved up as well and so on down the chain.

It's relentless.
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2019, 05:15 AM   #10
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6 View Post
That is some inside knowledge... How did you say you paid for your M5, again?
In what seems to be a lifetime ago I used to "be in with the bad crowd."

What really surprises me is that the police had it nailed to the point that they caught these guys with 186 bricks and caught someone else who wasn't even on their reader yet couldn't find where these guys were getting it from.

In the photos the bricks are a mix of different packaging.
The packaging is a hallmark of the cartels that produce the stuff. They take it as seriously as some corporations do branding.
That indicates it has come from different local suppliers meaning it has not been imported from South America and that these guys have obtained it from within the UK or Western Europe.

That means the police could have potentially nabbed the guys who are second in the food chain importing from source, but for whatever reason they couldn't.

These guys they have sent to prison are the consolation prize for the officers that would have been working on this case.
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2019, 09:43 AM   #11
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

All i would say is you dont see or hear of many big time drug dealers living a nice retirement. They are either in jail or killed by a rival.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 09:54 AM   #12
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeoz View Post
All i would say is you dont see or hear of many big time drug dealers living a nice retirement. They are either in jail or killed by a rival.
The same fate probably awaits this lot.

I doubt they would have paid for all 186 kilo's. Maybe for some but probably not for all.
They would have more than likely got it on credit.

No one gives out that much coke and writes it off if who they are giving it to gets nicked.

Best case scenario they will pay the debt off whilst in prison or it will be suspended for a while until they can.
Worst case scenario their peers and family members have already been threatened and given a deadline before people start getting killed.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 11:14 AM   #13
agentorange
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Andy View Post
The same fate probably awaits this lot.

I doubt they would have paid for all 186 kilo's. Maybe for some but probably not for all.
They would have more than likely got it on credit.

No one gives out that much coke and writes it off if who they are giving it to gets nicked.

Best case scenario they will pay the debt off whilst in prison or it will be suspended for a while until they can.
Worst case scenario their peers and family members have already been threatened and given a deadline before people start getting killed.
Can't say that upsets me too much. Never seen or heard of a drug dealer who wouldn't look better in the gutter with a bullet in his/her head, or maybe being hung by their ankles and disemboweled on YouTube, Game of Thrones style, as a lesson for others. I have no patience with them.

Gotta say that the sentences handed down are a joke for that amount of snow. I see the UK is still operating justice to a maximum prison population.
Appreciate 2
1 AKY459.00
Eimal22.00
      06-14-2019, 02:38 AM   #14
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
I think of all the misery these people cause and figure you've got to be a special sort of nasty to be like that regardless.

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0