satz
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Bluetooth issue

Hi all
finally got my X2 last week!

Anyway, today when I received a call on my mobile which was connected via bluetooth, the call rang on Idrive, which I answered.

However, then I noticed that neither of us could hear each other... I could hear his voice very faintly.

Then I realised that the phone (Iphone 5se), was not defaulting to 'BMW..." under the Speaker options. It was showing the Iphone.

Later I got someone at the dealership to call my phone several times, and similar things happened. Sometimes it would answer on the BT system correctly, but within 5 seconds would switch to the phone instead..

Removed the connection from car and tried again... still happened. Not every call.

Anyone else had this issue?

cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 03:12 PM   #2
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz View Post
Hi all
finally got my X2 last week!

Anyway, today when I received a call on my mobile which was connected via bluetooth, the call rang on Idrive, which I answered.

However, then I noticed that neither of us could hear each other... I could hear his voice very faintly.

Then I realised that the phone (Iphone 5se), was not defaulting to 'BMW..." under the Speaker options. It was showing the Iphone.

Later I got someone at the dealership to call my phone several times, and similar things happened. Sometimes it would answer on the BT system correctly, but within 5 seconds would switch to the phone instead..

Removed the connection from car and tried again... still happened. Not every call.

cheers
The answer is no, if there are problems it is usually with android as The iPhone appears to be BMW preferred product (apart from making CarPlay difficult!) for telephony set-up. I would suggest you check the function using a different newer iPhone, if you have the same problem then the dealer needs to fix, if newer phone works o.k then You have your answer.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 10:34 PM   #3
guthrie
Rep
Drives: X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz View Post
Hi Satz. Our X2 is having this issue as well. We are using a iphone xs and it keeps reverting to the phone instead of the car during a call.

Did you find a fix?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 10:47 PM   #4
satz
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Hi ,the only 'fix' so far from the so-called BMW Genius at the dealership was to use the phone through Apple Car Play. This seems to work.

I've also updated the IOS on my phone, but haven't tried to re-pair it without using Apple car play...

It's interesting that when the Genius paired his own Iphone (I think a 7), it seemed to work fine. But your XS is even newer than that so should work?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 12:26 PM   #5
Pepppie
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: i20

I’m having the same issue (could manage to switch to the carkit by select it on the iPhone during the call) and also my iPhone X is reconnecting to Bluetooth after each call.

Does anyone have a solution? My iPhone has iOS 2.3.1.
Appreciate 0