BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis EDC Current static on one wheel, feels like permanent body roll

05-06-2019, 04:54 AM   #1
maxpavlov
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive G30

Exclamation EDC Current static on one wheel, feels like permanent body roll

Hi. I've been trying to diagnose the "problem" I have with G30 540ix for almost a year now. To me it feels like the driver's side (front left) is always hight then the rest of the vehicle, but only one other person said he feels the same, dealer technicians said everything is great and I should enjoy the car.

So, I went ahead and learned how to diagnose "read the info from ECUs" myself, and this is what I observe. Regardless of drive mode (Comfort/Sport/Sport+) my front left EDC has a current of 5 mAh. All other dampters have either 3 mAh or it varies, but the front left "seems" to be stuck and one current.

Name:  current.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  469.1 KB

If someone of you knows if it's ok (maybe BMW set it up that way since there is always a driver in the car at least), to have the following readings, let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by maxpavlov; 05-06-2019 at 07:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 08:44 AM   #2
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
I would trust the guys at BMW and take it to more than one place to ask their opinion. If they all are in agreement that there are no issues then I would try and enjoy the car.

Obviously, if someone can chime in and say that there is something wrong then you'll want to investigate further. Either way that sounds like a technical headache man. I hope you get it all figured out.

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay
Appreciate 0