BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) 2016 X1 airbag recall

05-04-2019, 08:38 PM   #1
augkor
Rep
Drives: No BMW Yet

2016 X1 airbag recall

I happened to be at my dealer this morning working on purchasing a 2016 X1. As it turns out, he had a notice for an airbag recall that means a stop sale for at least some of the 2016 X1s. Just thought I would pass it along. I don't have any other information, nor could I find anything online, but thought you might want to know.
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2019, 07:07 AM   #2
halfeatenwaffles
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 35i

Can confirm -- I was at the dealer last week also trying to buy a 2016 X1. I signed all the initial paperwork, then before I went to talk with the finance guy, I was informed that a recall was posted literally the day before which resulted in a stop-sale.

Having never dealt with a stop-sale and because I could not find anything online when searching by the VIN, I called the BMW Recall hotline to get some information. This new recall has something to do with "B-Pillar protection" was his exact verbiage. Not sure if that is related to the airbag or if it's a structural defect, he couldn't clarify. He went on to say that the recall isn't on NHTSA's site yet because BMW and NHTSA are still working towards a solution. They have 60 days to inform owners.

The dealer contacted me yesterday asking if I'd like to look at an X3 or keep waiting. Waiting I will do! They have me in a swanky 330i in the interim. Thanks for creating this post!
Appreciate 0