cdchris1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Muted Audio during phone call

My question is when both my wife and I are in the car with both of our phones connected and she receives a call, the audio mutes, even when the call is transferred to her handset. So she is talking on the phone, and I cannot unmute the radio. Is there anyway I can still play music while she is talking (other than unlinking her phone from the car) or is just how it works. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 08:48 PM   #2
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdchris1 View Post
My question is when both my wife and I are in the car with both of our phones connected and she receives a call, the audio mutes, even when the call is transferred to her handset. So she is talking on the phone, and I cannot unmute the radio. Is there anyway I can still play music while she is talking (other than unlinking her phone from the car) or is just how it works. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? Thanks in advance.
That would be just plain rude! Why would you do that? 😜😂
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 09:06 PM   #3
cdchris1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
Quote:
I'll keep it low, so she can still talk. Plus, if she's on the phone, she doesn't expect me to talk to her.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 11:57 PM   #4
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
Quote:
I'll keep it low, so she can still talk. Plus, if she's on the phone, she doesn't expect me to talk to her.
She's the wife - she can talk to you in the middle of another conversation and you gotta be ready! BMW has purposely added this feature the moment it recognizes a wife's phone connected 🤣
Appreciate 0