BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > M2C (BBK) - 641m winter wheel set compatibility?

04-25-2019, 04:56 PM   #1
Negesh
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

M2C (BBK) - 641m winter wheel set compatibility?

Hi All,

I just picked up a 2019 M2C which comes standard with the larger brakes in Canada and wanted to triple check that the following winter wheel/tire set will work on this car?

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/6...EL----TIRE-SET

My dealer is telling me that in Canada this set is not marked as supporting the M2C and if they do not fit I would not be able to return them. That said the link does specifically mention the M2C (just not clear if it supports BBK) and I want to say I have seen other members using this set with the M2C BBK?

Also any thoughts on the Pilot Alpin PA4 tires for use in Canadian winters?

I know the timing on this is a bit odd given its spring but I have the opportunity to get them at a discount now if they will work.

Appreciate the help!
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2019, 06:12 AM   #2
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

OP - I have these for my M2C. They fit just fine (though when you go to put the front ones on, you'll have a moment where you'll be sure they don't). I ran them this winter in Portland and they were dandy, for the most part. I never got to actually drive in snow, but general cold weather grip was great...for the size of the tire.

The 235 rears are, in my opinion, too slender for the back of this car. I'm planning on swapping the rear rubber for 255's before next winter and keeping the "extra" 235's as spares for the front.

I can't comment on real snow driving on them as we had a pretty warm winter (the coldest it got as about 17 degrees F). Other folk with more snow experience with the Alpin's have not given them high marks as actual snow tires but, at the same time, these are the tires BMW uses for snow testing. I don't know what the actual answer on that is. I was disappointed that we didn't get more snow since I grew up in and was looking forward to having a bit of fun in the snow with my first rear-wheel drive car that I've had in 20 years.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 06:16 AM   #3
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Additional comment on the 641's fitting, with Canadian evidence:

Yuri and Jakob didn't mind the 235's, apparently.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 05:41 PM   #4
Negesh
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
OP - I have these for my M2C. They fit just fine (though when you go to put the front ones on, you'll have a moment where you'll be sure they don't). I ran them this winter in Portland and they were dandy, for the most part. I never got to actually drive in snow, but general cold weather grip was great...for the size of the tire.

The 235 rears are, in my opinion, too slender for the back of this car. I'm planning on swapping the rear rubber for 255's before next winter and keeping the "extra" 235's as spares for the front.

I can't comment on real snow driving on them as we had a pretty warm winter (the coldest it got as about 17 degrees F). Other folk with more snow experience with the Alpin's have not given them high marks as actual snow tires but, at the same time, these are the tires BMW uses for snow testing. I don't know what the actual answer on that is. I was disappointed that we didn't get more snow since I grew up in and was looking forward to having a bit of fun in the snow with my first rear-wheel drive car that I've had in 20 years.
Thanks for the feedback and the link to the video as well, glad I am not crazy as I think my dealer was starting to think otherwise

Looking at it, it seems BMW Canada only shows parts up to MY2018 so the only winter wheels they can find are the
M3/M4 641m set which they assure me will not work on the M2C. Trying to get them to search for the actual M2C parts and we will see how that goes.

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0