E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Vivid Racing - No Go

07-31-2008, 09:31 PM   #1
Sick Speed
Speed
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92 Coupe

Vivid Racing - No Go

Let me first start by stating how objective a person I am. I do my best to give anyone the benefit of the doubt until they leave me no more room to do so.

I first placed my order for my Volk TE 37 with Vivid Racing on Feb 28th and was told they would take 60-90 days to arrive.

5 months later they finally arrived.

Prior to ordering the specific offsets I was instructed by Vivid as to the offset recommended by the mfg for the E92. ET 35 was recommended and was also told what tire sizes I could run without the need to roll the fenders. The whole purpose for me ordering ET 35 was so I would not have to roll the fenders.

I ordered the tires sizes about a week out before the wheels were to arrive.

Wheels and tires arrive - then the dealer calls me to let me know Vivid Racing did not include the centering rings. So now I have to wait for those. The dealer mounts and balances the wheels anyway to take care of the alignment and then calls and tells me the rear fenders have to be rolled.

This is going to be another $250. Now the entire reason I ordered this set-up was so I did NOT have to roll the fenders.

Vivid Ships the center rings via FedEx ground meaning they will not arrive until late in the afternoon which means the car will lose its spot in line to get the fenders rolled meaning a 5 day wait without driving the car to wait for the fenders to be rolled.

Recap

- Customer service was mediocre
- Information provided on tire sizes recommended with offset was completely inaccurate
- Delivery lead time was waaaaay off
- Quality Control was non-existent (not shipping the centering rings)
- Never once an apology let alone an attempt to make things right
- No attempt to expedite the items left out of the original shipment
- They did not inspect the wheels when they arrived at their warehouse which they said they would do - fortunately the wheels arrived undamaged - how do I know? The boxes still had their original packing staples firmly in place with the exception of 1 box which they put the center caps in.

Overall on a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being the best I would rate the entire experience at -1 based on the above sequence of events.

I never made any unreasonable requests. Never received any follow-up on the status of my order unless I made multiple calls into Vivid Racing first.

Again...just BS excuses and pointing the finger at someone else. i.e. the US VOLK distributor.

The rep I worked with at Vivid was Billy. Sorry Billy...you sound like a nice guy on the phone but your follow-up was off and you have not made any attempt to make right so you and Vivid cannot reasonably expect a thumbs up when this order has been botched time after time.

SS
      07-31-2008, 09:41 PM   #2
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Damn Sick Speed. I feel bad for sending you their way after all of that. Hopefully you'll get everything worked out soon.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 09:54 PM   #3
MMAJNKE
MMA Changed My Life!
Japan
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 & f30 328i

Garage List
I've heard bad things about vivid over the years...Especially on wheel orders
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 11:33 PM   #4
Sick Speed
Speed
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
Damn Sick Speed. I feel bad for sending you their way after all of that. Hopefully you'll get everything worked out soon.
Don't even sweat it bro. You were just helping out a neighbor. I appreciate all of your help when I was searching.

SS
      07-31-2008, 11:38 PM   #5
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

OUCH! that sux dude, i knew u were waiting that long, but i didnt kno the lil details like that. that sux w/ the center caps issue and havin to roll the fenders afterall w/ the +35 offset in the rear. just try to image the rollin i had to go thru for my +22 in the rear. it shouldn't be a deep roll i had to get but $250 is steep. u dont hav ne1 in the area that has a roller to roll it for u cheaper? i'm glad i hav longtran close by to roll it for us socal peeps....

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #6
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Did you lower your car? I can't imagine +35 in the back rubbing unless it's a 19X10. I have 19X9.5 +27 in the back with stock XI suspension with no rub.