BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-23-2019, 07:05 PM   #1
lxr184@hotmail.com
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Losing some steering wheel buttons. Restarted iDrive twice this week

Last week (my first week of X5 ownership), I noticed that the phone button on the steering wheel did not work. Neither did the button next to it that looks like a bulleted list and brings up a list of entertainment sources. The gauge cluster was now showing the driving mode (not what I configured) and the BC button on a stalk did not cycle between different display modes. I could still make calls using voice commands and view sources on the main screen. Restarting iDrive resolved the issue. This morning, it happen again. I wonder if there is anything I can do about it and whether restarting iDrive once a week is an acceptable/safe workaround. I also have a suspicion that the car makes my phone (Galaxy Note 8) loose internet connectivity (unless it's a coincidence. Could be related though)
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 09:27 AM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

That is the known "BC Button" issue that has been mentioned on here by many owners. Short of getting your software updated (it is believe the "big" release a few weeks contained a solution) there is no way to fix it.
Appreciate 0