BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-11-2019, 07:48 AM   #1
Tlon
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

iDrive Giveth, iDrive taketh

So, I was about to be really impressed with iDrive this morning. I was looking for an album on my usb thumbrive plugged into the center armrest and I decided to try voice command. So, I asked BMW to play Deguello by ZZ Top, and it found it on the thumbdrive and played it. I had no idea voice commands would also play off the thumbdrive. And this is without Apple CarPlay, which I don't use. Very, very cool.

Then, of course, I tried to have it navigate to my office, and failed miserably. First, it wouldn't even search my contacts (it kept bringing up addresses it found on database searches with the words office or work in them, depending on what I was asking for). After I restarted, it would search my contacts but it just can't save my office contact as my office contact. It saves mother, father, spouse, home, all fine. But it keeps hiccuping on office. It says it's saving it, but the list of stored contacts under Language does not change (as the others do when one is saved). I deleted all the saved contacts and re-added them, to no avail.

I know that's a small thing compared to a lot of other iDrive bugs, but it has so much promise if they could just fix the damn bugs.
Appreciate 0