E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Open Road BMW - Avoid

07-26-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
Mero
Rep
Drives: M3?

Open Road BMW - Avoid

I've heard things about Open Road BMW in Edison, NJ in the past, but I figured they might be isolated issues so I'd give them a shot. I sent an internet request and and a CA got back to me quickly. We played phone and email tag for a bit, since I was traveling on business, but he was very good with calling back. Finanly we spoke and I told him I was willing to only pay $500 over invoice. He told me great, you have a deal. We can do everything over the phone or email. I'd just have to come in to sign the paperwork. I thought, wow great service.

Meanwhile, I had sent the same email to several other dealers and receiving phone calls from them saying they would do $500 over. When the Open Road BMW CA called me back, I told him about the other dealers. He said, just to earn my business, he'd give me the car at invoice. Wow, lets do it.

The next day I email him to confirm and all of a sudden, I have to come into the Center to work on the deal, but he can do $500 over. What??? yesterday he told me invoice!

Typical crap that give car salesman a bad name. It is a shame because that CA represents the whole dealership and now I would never recommend Open Road BMW to anyone.

Last edited by Mero; 07-27-2008 at 09:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #2
Jet335i
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 F96 X6MC, '11 E92 M3

That's a pretty harsh conclusion considering the cirumstances...it's a shame you couldn't get invoice, but at least he didn't wait till you got in there to sign the papers that he sprung that on you...probably his higher-ups saying that and not him.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 08:43 AM   #3
imaznumkay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

woah, seems like $ related issue.
my sister always gets her service done at Open Road and they've been speedy/quick and very helpful everytime. hope it's an isolated incident.
      08-05-2008, 08:21 PM   #4
Mero
Rep

It may be a little harsh, but unfortunately that is my opinion. Just putting it out there so other buyers can make informed decisions.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2008, 08:55 AM   #5
wolfer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mero View Post
I've heard things about Open Road BMW in Edison, NJ in the past, but I figured they might be isolated issues so I'd give them a shot. I sent an internet request and and a CA got back to me quickly. We played phone and email tag for a bit, since I was traveling on business, but he was very good with calling back. Finanly we spoke and I told him I was willing to only pay $500 over invoice. He told me great, you have a deal. We can do everything over the phone or email. I'd just have to come in to sign the paperwork. I thought, wow great service.

Meanwhile, I had sent the same email to several other dealers and receiving phone calls from them saying they would do $500 over. When the Open Road BMW CA called me back, I told him about the other dealers. He said, just to earn my business, he'd give me the car at invoice. Wow, lets do it.

The next day I email him to confirm and all of a sudden, I have to come into the Center to work on the deal, but he can do $500 over. What??? yesterday he told me invoice!

Typical crap that give car salesman a bad name. It is a shame because that CA represents the whole dealership and now I would never recommend Open Road BMW to anyone.
let me get this straight, you are buying a vehicle in excess of 40k and you are upset about $500.00 hhmmm what seems wrong with this picture?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2008, 04:29 PM   #6
Mero
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfer View Post
let me get this straight, you are buying a vehicle in excess of 40k and you are upset about $500.00 hhmmm what seems wrong with this picture?

It's not about the money, it's honesty and keeping your word. It's called good business.
Appreciate 0