BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-07-2019, 04:59 PM   #1
russelldav
456bhp for breakfast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Admin and Lease/Finance Fee

My dealer needs to run off a new quote for me before I collect later this month, as the lease rate has dropped by 0.5% since I ordered my car.

The new quote contains both a Admin fee ($495 CAD / $368 USD) and a Lease/Finance fee ($395 CAD / $294 USD).

I have queried this as I don't think I should pay both the Admin and the Lease/Finance fee since I believe the former should be paid by BMWFS who are effectively buying the car. The initial response from the Finance rep is "As for the admin fee, this goes towards staff salaries and is applicable to all sales, leases and finances.".

Am I right to push back on the $495 Admin fee on this basis? Is it normal to pay both?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 09:00 AM   #2
russelldav
456bhp for breakfast
Canada
Rep

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 10:14 AM   #3
512systems
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by russelldav View Post
My dealer needs to run off a new quote for me before I collect later this month, as the lease rate has dropped by 0.5% since I ordered my car.

The new quote contains both a Admin fee ($495 CAD / $368 USD) and a Lease/Finance fee ($395 CAD / $294 USD).

I have queried this as I don't think I should pay both the Admin and the Lease/Finance fee since I believe the former should be paid by BMWFS who are effectively buying the car. The initial response from the Finance rep is "As for the admin fee, this goes towards staff salaries and is applicable to all sales, leases and finances.".

Am I right to push back on the $495 Admin fee on this basis? Is it normal to pay both?
Quote:

These fees are completely bogus...but basically every dealer does it and is allowed to do it. You'll have no luck trying to get BMWFS to pay the lease fee...trust me YOU'RE buying or "renting" the car. That would be like trying to get them to pay or split the rent charge with you. They aren't buying it...they're allowing you to rent it from them. Either way...that isn't a BMWFS fee that they would be putting in place I would guess. They would have a lease inception fee that they're charging you most likely. The dealer is probably profiting solely from those fees.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 11:50 AM   #4
russelldav
456bhp for breakfast
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 512systems View Post
Quote:

Quote:

These fees are completely bogus...but basically every dealer does it and is allowed to do it. You'll have no luck trying to get BMWFS to pay the lease fee...trust me YOU'RE buying or "renting" the car. That would be like trying to get them to pay or split the rent charge with you. They aren't buying it...they're allowing you to rent it from them. Either way...that isn't a BMWFS fee that they would be putting in place I would guess. They would have a lease inception fee that they're charging you most likely. The dealer is probably profiting solely from those fees.
I was hoping only one of the fees would apply but I guess it's a long shot. It's small beer but still annoying.
Appreciate 0