BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Anyone use Android screen mirroring?

03-06-2019, 01:35 PM   #1
Protatomonster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Kia Stinger 2018

Anyone use Android screen mirroring?

I've heard you could code Android screen mirroring and considering keeping a Android phone in my car, to be honest I think Apple car play is severely overrated and I'm pretty disappointed with it (I switched from Samsung to iPhone just for this) and I'm looking to go back Android. The cars built in maps seems to work really good for me and if the screen mirroring works with Android I might as well just screen mirror for Waze.
Appreciate 1
bplewis24188.50
      03-06-2019, 06:59 PM   #2
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protatomonster View Post
I've heard you could code Android screen mirroring and considering keeping a Android phone in my car, to be honest I think Apple car play is severely overrated and I'm pretty disappointed with it (I switched from Samsung to iPhone just for this) and I'm looking to go back Android. The cars built in maps seems to work really good for me and if the screen mirroring works with Android I might as well just screen mirror for Waze.
Here you go. I didn't even know this existed. I guess I will code that eventually with bimmercode.

Appreciate 4
GoHerd87.50
kpham189.50
      03-07-2019, 02:04 AM   #3
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

M2C Screen Mirroring in iDrive https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1559060
      03-07-2019, 12:12 PM   #4
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition HS

Quote:
I don't understand what amazing interface people are currently expecting with CarPlay or Android Auto. All i give a shit about is the ability to play my music on iTunes or Google Play Music and just have access to Google Maps and Waze which both offers. Most of the apps that are currently available for both are mainly specific to music, maps, text/messaging.

Last edited by aWanderlustSeoul; 03-07-2019 at 12:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 02:02 PM   #5
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

I'm not using Android screen mirroring. I use Android Auto on my phone which gives easy access to music apps, Nav, phone and messaging.

The other day I got in my car to go to an appointment. I had entered the address in my phone appointment reminder. My phone sent the Nav coordinates via BMW Connected Drive to the IDrive Nav automatically when I sat in my car. I just clicked on start and off I went.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 07:39 PM   #6
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
BMW only supports Miracast. All Google Pixel devices and some other Android devices don't support Miracast, it depends on the vendor.
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2019, 09:57 AM   #7
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Quote:
BMW only supports Miracast. All Google Pixel devices and some other Android devices don't support Miracast, it depends on the vendor.
Yeah it's unfortunate pixel out of the box got rid of Miracast, likely to force Chromecast usage. Seems it is still doable though, provided you are willing to go enable that feature.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pix...pixel-t3888780
Appreciate 0