BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-28-2019, 10:29 AM   #1
Replicant
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Pirelli run flat warranty

My M340i came with Pirelli RunFlats on 21” wheels. I did not purchase the dealer warranty on wheels and tires (ripoff), but I was considering adding the tire coverage on them at Discount Tire, as I purchase all my tires from them, and their tire coverage tend to be pretty decent deals. I was quoted about $250 to add hazard coverage to all 4 tires. This doesn’t seem like a terrible deal, but not sure how much it will pay off, since this is a staggered setup, so I cannot rotate, as well as if I end up with a nail, I will likely have to replace not only that tire, but at least both tires on that end to maintain spec.

I was looking up Pirelli’s guidelines regarding repairing run flats, and I came across their road hazard warranty. It appears that with run flats, they will replace a damaged tire free of charge within the first year, and after that, they will prorate the tire based on wear.

——————————————-

Road Hazard Coverage for Run Flat and Pirelli Noise Cancelling System (PNCS) Tires
Pirelli Run Flat tires are manufactured with technology that allows limited low-inflation operation in the event of sudden loss of pressure. As a result, in addition to the standard warranty coverage, Pirelli provides road hazard coverage on both Pirelli Original Equipment Tires and Replacement Tires manufactured with Pirelli Run Flat or PNCS technology.
If a Run Flat or PNCS tire becomes unserviceable due to road hazard damage within the first year from the date of purchase, or within the first 2/32” of the original usable tread, whichever occurs first, the Pirelli tire will be replaced with an identical or comparable tire at no charge for the tire to the owner, including mounting and balancing (subject to applicable limitations).

https://d3nv2arudvw7ln.cloudfront.ne...5505011188.pdf

————————————-

To me this would pretty much negate most of the benefit of the road hazard warranty from discount tire. And since discount tire is a Pirelli dealer, I should be able to utilize this coverage with them.

Has anyone here used this coverage? What has been your experience?
Appreciate 1
focker155.00
      02-28-2019, 10:51 AM   #2
efisher13
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

Garage List
2019 X3 M 40i  [0.00]
I am curious as well for the future as well . I took the tire and rim package but beat them down so bad I paid 300 for it and used it once already. Shitty New York roads I got a nail in one of them. Less then 1500 miles on the car.
Appreciate 0