BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-09-2019, 07:35 AM   #1
heinzena
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340xi M-Sport

Remote 3D View

Anyone else having issues with this? All the necessary settings in the car are on — the box is checked. All other functions work. But the app says the feature is disabled, and that I need to enable it in the car — which it is.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 09:25 AM   #2
BmwGk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i Msport

Did you create your own profile in the vehicle or using the default/guest profile?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 09:30 AM   #3
heinzena
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwGk View Post
Did you create your own profile in the vehicle or using the default/guest profile?
I have my own
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 12:19 PM   #4
robby818
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Mine also does not work from the connected app. The BMW genius I called told me there is a fix in the works.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 12:49 PM   #5
jasrboyd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzena View Post
Anyone else having issues with this? All the necessary settings in the car are on — the box is checked. All other functions work. But the app says the feature is disabled, and that I need to enable it in the car — which it is.

Any ideas?
There was a thread or other posts how users who also had this problem fixed it but a search comes up nothing.
I deleted my profile in my vehicle and recreated it again and it worked again. Keep in mind deleting the profile deletes everything saved to that profile.
Another time it happened it was because the app was being worked on and eventually came back after a few days.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 04:57 PM   #6
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Mine was like that after getting it. Make sure your connected drive login is working correctly. Mine was set up with a bad password. Once I corrected that then I went into Apps and updated Apps and Services and Mae sure everything was checked under data privacy. After that I deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled it. Was then able to do remote view.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 01:29 AM   #7
robby818
Lieutenant
Rep

Wow. This forum is terrific. When you create your Profile, you must log in with your Connected Drive user name (email address).

I know it seems rather obvious, but when I first created my Profile, I just entered my first and last name. I deleted that profile and started a new one with my Connected Drive user name and now 3D view works.

Even when I was not logged in with my Connected Drive account, I could still see it's location, fuel status, and lock/unlock. The two things that were not working were 3D view and sending destinations from my phone to the X5.

I think what confused me was that I recently set up Connected drive on a 2018 540i and it used a passcode system to link the profile with your connected drive account. The profile did not need to be your Connected drive user name. In fact there is no way to enter your connected drive account user name. On the X5, it needs to be your cd user name/email address.

Last edited by robby818; 02-10-2019 at 02:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 08:27 AM   #8
heinzena
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby818 View Post
Wow. This forum is terrific. When you create your Profile, you must log in with your Connected Drive user name (email address).

I know it seems rather obvious, but when I first created my Profile, I just entered my first and last name. I deleted that profile and started a new one with my Connected Drive user name and now 3D view works.

Even when I was not logged in with my Connected Drive account, I could still see it's location, fuel status, and lock/unlock. The two things that were not working were 3D view and sending destinations from my phone to the X5.

I think what confused me was that I recently set up Connected drive on a 2018 540i and it used a passcode system to link the profile with your connected drive account. The profile did not need to be your Connected drive user name. In fact there is no way to enter your connected drive account user name. On the X5, it needs to be your cd user name/email address.
Can you explain how you did this? Everything in my connected drive app works expect the two you mentioned. If I delete my current profile, what exactly do I need to replace it with?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 08:52 AM   #9
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Can you explain how you did this? Everything in my connected drive app works expect the two you mentioned. If I delete my current profile, what exactly do I need to replace it with?

Thanks!
I don't think there is any need to delete it. Just follow what I described above. I went from my profile to the guest profile and then back to mine to have it try and login. You should then be able to enter the correct credentials and do the rest of the steps.
Appreciate 1
X5_CC288.50
      02-10-2019, 10:18 AM   #10
robby818
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Thanks!
After you delete your current profile, create a new profile and on the first step where you are prompted for your name, type your connected drive user name (email address). If you do not have one of those, you need to set it up first on the BMW Connected Drive website.

I would first try what TurtleBoy describes about switching accounts so that you can save some of your settings....I did not try that first. If you do not care about saving your existing presets, map, seat, mirror, lighting, etc. settings, then just delete the profile and start from scratch.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 06:30 PM   #11
X5_CC
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post

I don't think there is any need to delete it. Just follow what I described above. I went from my profile to the guest profile and then back to mine to have it try and login. You should then be able to enter the correct credentials and do the rest of the steps.
I had the same problem as the OP. Switched to guest profile and back as TurtleBoy mentions and it worked like a charm! Remote 3D view now restored
Appreciate 1
TurtleBoy12885.00
      02-20-2019, 10:57 AM   #12
IshSticks0708
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 4.0i ///MSport

Quote:

Same issue as OP. Can confirm that profile was in default guest mode. After creating a profile using same username and password as BMW connected drive, agreeing to privacy settings (had to do it again after creating new profile), remote 3D worked flawlessly
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 10:16 PM   #13
rastaman777
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 i8 coupe,2019x5,2019 740i

Thanks for the tips everyone.
I couldn't get mine to work. Called BMW genius, they told me there is a system malfunction they are fixing.
I modified/re-created my profile using that initial welcome screen, and voila...it's working!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 12:36 AM   #14
robby818
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman777 View Post
Thanks for the tips everyone.
I couldn't get mine to work. Called BMW genius, they told me there is a system malfunction they are fixing.
I modified/re-created my profile using that initial welcome screen, and voila...it's working!
I had several BMW Geniuses tell me the same thing, but there is no system malfunction. Anytime you hear this reason from a Genius, it's probably a lie. In reality, they just don't know the answer and want a way to get you off the phone.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 07:47 PM   #15
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
I had several BMW Geniuses tell me the same thing, but there is no system malfunction. Anytime you hear this reason from a Genius, it's probably a lie. In reality, they just don't know the answer and want a way to get you off the phone.
Believe it or not, that's the truth. I've yet to talk to one on the phone or in person that really knew what they were doing.
Most folks on the forum know more than those meatballs.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 12:09 PM   #16
mattsrs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i

Quote:

Any ideas?
So I am at dealership taking delivery. It doesn't show Remote 3D view under Connected Drive menu so I cannot activate. I am under my own driver profile (not guest), any idea why it's not under menu? Genius here is useless
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 01:41 PM   #17
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsrs View Post
So I am at dealership taking delivery. It doesn't show Remote 3D view under Connected Drive menu so I cannot activate. I am under my own driver profile (not guest), any idea why it's not under menu? Genius here is useless
I don't remember seeing it under Connnected Drive unless that is where the data privacy statement is. Try updating Apps and Services and see if that causes a new privacy statement to come up.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 01:45 PM   #18
rmorin1249
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 MSport 40i

Go to apps and update them. Make sure you are registering with the same email used by the dealer. Update the Data Privacy settings to include Remote View. Reboot the idrive. It took me 2 weeks before I could get the app to work on my phone. I was told numerous times by the Geniuses that there was a problem with the app. I did notice when I last installed the app on my phone that it was updated on Feb 13. Use Turtle Boy's instructions.

COL(Ret), US Army Hagerstown MD
2019 X5 40i MSport Alpine White/Coffee (my 13th BMW)
2015 Mercedes SL400; 2009 Lexus RX350
Appreciate 1
mattsrs564.00
      03-16-2019, 04:30 PM   #19
mattsrs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin1249 View Post
Go to apps and update them. Make sure you are registering with the same email used by the dealer. Update the Data Privacy settings to include Remote View. Reboot the idrive. It took me 2 weeks before I could get the app to work on my phone. I was told numerous times by the Geniuses that there was a problem with the app. I did notice when I last installed the app on my phone that it was updated on Feb 13. Use Turtle Boy's instructions.
How do I update apps? Sorry for noob question I just got the car so still learning. When I go to bmw app store after a few sec it says service not available
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 04:40 PM   #20
rmorin1249
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 MSport 40i

Sounds like your dealer may not have activated your ESA, I think that's what it is called. This needs to be done before any of your services can work. Others know more than me and will hopefully chime in.

COL(Ret), US Army Hagerstown MD
2019 X5 40i MSport Alpine White/Coffee (my 13th BMW)
2015 Mercedes SL400; 2009 Lexus RX350
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 04:56 PM   #21
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsrs View Post
How do I update apps? Sorry for noob question I just got the car so still learning. When I go to bmw app store after a few sec it says service not available
Nothing in the store right now. To update the Apps and Services go to the Apps page and highlight Installed Apps and hit the Option button. The should bring up a menu and you can choose Update Apps and Services. When it is done there should be a new Privacy Statement, if so then make sure everything is checked and agree.
Appreciate 1
mattsrs564.00
      03-16-2019, 05:48 PM   #22
mattsrs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Nothing in the store right now. To update the Apps and Services go to the Apps page and highlight Installed Apps and hit the Option button. The should bring up a menu and you can choose Update Apps and Services. When it is done there should be a new Privacy Statement, if so then make sure everything is checked and agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin1249 View Post

Thanks guys! This solved the problem and now its activated and working like a charm
Appreciate 1
TurtleBoy12885.00