E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > smoked side markers from **********s

07-21-2008, 01:41 PM   #1
MarinoB
Captain
Croatia
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 M3

Thumbs down smoked side markers from **********s

First off I want to say I ordered some other things from them at the same time and they were fine so it's not all bad.

But 1 of the smoked side markers I ordered started getting condensation after the first wash and cus of it the LED no longer works. So I emailed them, sent pics they requested and they tell me its a known problem and just leave it at that. If it's a known problem it would have been nice to know when I bought them so then I would have tried to seal them better myself. Hell I dont even want a whole new piece I'll take replacements LED's or something and deal with the housing myself. But looks like I'll be getting nothing and will end up buying another set once I get annoyed enough of the one with condensation because I really like the look of them but I'll see if I can get it elsewhere.

A known problem and you dont let people know ahead of time? It wouldnt have stopped me from buying them, I've dealt with condensation in headlights before and know how to fix it.

Normally I'm not one to complain but I figured I should just let people know just in case you wanted to get them.

-Marino
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
mJ335
Amateur Post Whore
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 SparkLiN G. 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Hmm.. that's weird.. mine works perfectly fine.. sorry to hear that bro, hope **********s will bargain you with a replacement.

|BL|RS|PIAA|CFE|CFMC|SSM|CFG|CFDP|ABG|M6|AFE|MTECH |RPI|JB+|CSLT|KWSC|
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Marino,
I've been doing some research on exactly what happened here. I would really love to help; but the information/pictures provided by you doesn't seem like we can work well with that. Of course, we will do what we can to get those LED sidemarkers replaced for you, but the pictures provided for us doesn't give us much to show them to get them replaced. We have never once had a return on condensation of these sidemarkers, so we will need more pictures. If you want to get this returned, you will have to work with us as well to have a successful return of the product. Please uninstall the LED sidemarker and take close-up pictures of the rear, the wiring, the front, and any other angle that may help us understand where the condensation may be coming from. Please send us those pictures and we will help you from there.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
MarinoB
Captain
Croatia
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by James************ View Post
Marino,
I've been doing some research on exactly what happened here. I would really love to help; but the information/pictures provided by you doesn't seem like we can work well with that. Of course, we will do what we can to get those LED sidemarkers replaced for you, but the pictures provided for us doesn't give us much to show them to get them replaced. We have never once had a return on condensation of these sidemarkers, so we will need more pictures. If you want to get this returned, you will have to work with us as well to have a successful return of the product. Please uninstall the LED sidemarker and take close-up pictures of the rear, the wiring, the front, and any other angle that may help us understand where the condensation may be coming from. Please send us those pictures and we will help you from there.

Thank you.
James I appreciate you getting back to me. And ofcourse I will work with you but no one has emailed me back after just telling me it was a known issue and just left it like that. No one requested more pics and told me what your telling me now. So no prob I'll take those pics and email them to you and hopefully we could get this resolved.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 08:47 AM   #5
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Yea, mine didn't fit very well... I installed/uninstalled/reinstalled probably 5 times and never got them to fit very well. I can move them up and down in the front, too. Haven't gotten condensation yet though. They are not flush with my side fender.

I shoulda have gotten replacements, but I probably can't at this point.
      08-24-2009, 05:34 PM   #6
sumo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

i got them a few months ago non-smoked but the clear sidemarkers and condensation appeared in the **********s ones i bought. I emailed but they say it isnt covered under warranty... Quite disappointed since it is obviously a manufacturing defect caused by not sealing the unit completely. I am still hoping **********s may read this and offer a replacement to my unit.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #7
sashmanparker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335, 97 m3, 92 patrol

why is it so hard to replicate these sidemarkers? i got some from eas and they also arent flush with the body and have condensation
Appreciate 0