THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum What Pedal Commander setting do you have?

01-26-2019, 10:09 AM   #1
Bimmerg621
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 G20 M340ix

What Pedal Commander setting do you have?

For those of you who installed the PC on your m235i/M240i, which setting is the perfect spot for you? I’m still experimenting but I’m finding Sport -5 pretty good, anything higher is too touchy on the throttle. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2019, 05:32 PM   #2
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerg621 View Post
For those of you who installed the PC on your m235i/M240i, which setting is the perfect spot for you? I'm still experimenting but I'm finding Sport -5 pretty good, anything higher is too touchy on the throttle. Thanks in advance.
I have the Remus Responder and I have mine set on Sport -3.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 01:26 PM   #3
B58SP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i SOLD

I was actually thinking of these and was wondering if anyone had them and their thoughts. I find sport response on stock car is decent, do pedal commanders make it THAT much better?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 01:34 PM   #4
hwntime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58SP View Post
I was actually thinking of these and was wondering if anyone had them and their thoughts. I find sport response on stock car is decent, do pedal commanders make it THAT much better?
Yes, it makes driving your car THAT much more fun. Here's a quick post I made regarding installation and my thoughts on it https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...emus+responder Take everything for what it's worth and make your own decision. I have a Dinan Sport Tune and I feel the Remus made more of a difference in driving experience over the tune.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 08:45 PM   #5
Bimmerg621
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 G20 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58SP View Post
Definitely. These throttle response controller make a world of difference especially when driving in stop & go traffic. They are noticeably more responsive than stock and make a great investment if you actually don’t need any more power and just want the car to feel more lively and snappier.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 12:39 AM   #6
Avex
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i AW

I was going to ask this in hwntime's original thread. If you drive in sport or sport+ mode all the time, any value in getting the responder? It seems to make the most difference in comfort but I usually drive comfort until my oil temp is primed then I pretty much only drive in sport, which usually takes only 10-15mins.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 06:54 AM   #7
hwntime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avex View Post
I was going to ask this in hwntime's original thread. If you drive in sport or sport+ mode all the time, any value in getting the responder? It seems to make the most difference in comfort but I usually drive comfort until my oil temp is primed then I pretty much only drive in sport, which usually takes only 10-15mins.
I can tell you first hand that if you drive in Sport+ already, you WILL get even better throttle response. It can make ECO mode feel like Sport+ and Sport+ will be at a whole different level.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 03:35 AM   #8
Avex
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i AW

I just placed an order for one on the claim that eco mode can feel like sport+. Looking forward to its arrival.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 03:55 AM   #9
snaketh
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
I can tell you first hand that if you drive in Sport+ already, you WILL get even better throttle response. It can make ECO mode feel like Sport+ and Sport+ will be at a whole different level.
How does it effect your MPG? Are you chirping the tires more from standstill?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 10:34 PM   #10
hwntime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaketh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
How does it effect your MPG? Are you chirping the tires more from standstill?
As I mentioned somewhere in my original thread, I've actually seen an increase in mpg since installing. The only thing I can think of is because I don't have to press on the gas pedal as hard to get the acceleration? Who knows, but I am seeing about a 1mpg increase and this is over the last 4-5 fill ups when I've been consistently getting the same for the past 4 years.
Appreciate 0