BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-08-2019, 07:18 PM   #1
Tlon
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

iDrive - Storing Office, spouse, etc

So, if I say "Hey BMW, take me to my office," she responds by saying "I don't have a contact stored for Office. Please select a contact." If I then select a contact, I get the response "Okay, I've stored this contact as your Office." I'm then able to say "Take me to my office" and she'll enter the address in automatically. I tried it a few times this morning and it worked well. Same with call my wife. Basically the same prompts and the iDrive stores my wife's contact as my wife and I can say call my wife and iDrive does.

This is very cool.

But, the iDrive system seems to forget this on the next drive (or at least some time after...I haven't fully tested it), so that when I tried to call my wife on the way home tonight (again after making sure it worked this AM), iDrive responded with the first prompt "I don't have a contact stored as your wife. Please select a contact."

Anyone else experiencing this memory loss? Does anyone know if there is anywhere in the iDrive/Connected Drive to manually edit these associations?
Appreciate 0