BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Already a few used m2c's out there with 6mt

12-27-2018, 11:32 AM   #1
No1Cares
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3

Already a few used m2c's out there with 6mt

just a quick look on autotrader this morning. few manuals with low miles for sale. one even claiming a year long waitlist and very few allocations! I see brand new allocations all over the country right now waiting for purchase, some under this sale price. doesn't seem like the hype for these come close to the m2 even though they're better cars.

anyone holding out for a lightly used m2c? all I want is a manual. more I see these popping up, the more I might consider one for summer 2019...

used m2c

used m2c

used m2c
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 11:34 AM   #2
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

The hype is very real on the west coast.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 11:41 AM   #3
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Only one of those three looks like it's at less than MSRP...and not by much. Demo or press cars, perhaps.
Appreciate 3
COChris888.50
bplewis24188.50
Venom375.00
      12-27-2018, 11:45 AM   #4
Indypro
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition 2019

I wonder if these went through the suggested break in process...I absolutely love this car and I don't think trying to save a few bucks here or there is worth it. Just buy new and make it your own.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 12:36 PM   #5
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshalygin View Post
The hype is very real on the west coast.
I think that the OG M2 was out long enough to soak up a large part of the demand for a "back to the roots" BMW M car.. Current M2 owners aren't all buying M2Cs and I don't blame them.
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00
      12-27-2018, 03:52 PM   #6
TRZ06
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M3

Flame suit on but...

As typical with recent BMW M cars, they are more hype than bite.

It caters to the nameplate and to the BMW fan boys living in the past.

While the M2C is the best thing to come from BMW in a long while now, if you stack it up with its competition, it's still between the 8 ball and when you get rid of the hype and look at the facts , it's over priced for what you get.

The rest of the performance industry has caught up and surpassed BMW in every performance matrix that matters (brakes, suspension tuning, traction/stability control systems, driving dynamics).

I'm not saying they suck, I'm just saying they have fallen behind and no longer keep up and the "others" are beating them on pricing too.
13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00
      12-27-2018, 04:07 PM   #7
aerokubectl
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Flame suit on but...

While the M2C is the best thing to come from BMW in a long while now, if you stack it up with its competition, it's still between the 8 ball and when you get rid of the hype and look at the facts , it's over priced for what you get.

The rest of the performance industry has caught up and surpassed BMW in every performance matrix that matters (brakes, suspension tuning, traction/stability control systems, driving dynamics).

I'm not saying they suck, I'm just saying they have fallen behind and no longer keep up and the "others" are beating them on pricing too.
If they're so overpriced, what are its competitors that are such a great value?

in b4 model 3 at 70k
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 04:08 PM   #8
D22M2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Not a real M Car

Quote:
Flame suit on but...

100% agree with this. I purchased an M2 mostly because I love the looks as compared to other sporty cars in its class
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 04:48 PM   #9
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Quote:
Flame suit on but...

Can you sustain your facts? Or just your personal opinion based on "reading on the stars" ?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 06:41 PM   #10
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Not to flame anyone, but I’m just not sure what in the price range will compete with it? Maybe the GT350 or Camaro, but those are pretty big cars. Not sure they have the same nimble feeling. The only other thing I can think of is the RS3, but to me that car is basically a big compromise. AWD isn’t an asset to me, and to improve the understeer they put wider tires on the front than the back. Also, no 6MT with that car.
Appreciate 2
cptobvious2531.50
bobert858.50
      12-27-2018, 08:00 PM   #11
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Not to flame anyone, but I’m just not sure what in the price range will compete with it? Maybe the GT350 or Camaro, but those are pretty big cars. Not sure they have the same nimble feeling. The only other thing I can think of is the RS3, but to me that car is basically a big compromise. AWD isn’t an asset to me, and to improve the understeer they put wider tires on the front than the back. Also, no 6MT with that car.
Yep, I think the M2C is fairly unique. Obviously it is to me since I bought one. I wanted a fun, playful and powerful car that didn't take me back to high school, that's what I got. It has all the raw without the juvenile.
Appreciate 2
chris7197334.00
nomoracin761.00
      12-27-2018, 08:03 PM   #12
aerokubectl
Major
Rep

TRZ06, we promise not to flame but I'm genuinely curious on what you see as a better value
Appreciate 1
bobert858.50
      12-27-2018, 09:37 PM   #13
ContactPatch
Major
Rep
Drives: It's Quick!

^^ A base Cayman, no options, four banger, bad exhaust sounds, and no utility, best like to travel light. M2C wins hands down, plus you have money left over for goodies, either for the car or your tummy.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 11:38 PM   #14
palum6o
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

I'm curious as to what the values will be in 3 years. I got mine at list price, did a 3 year lease with a $30k residual. From the look of the used OG on the market not many under $40k, I'd imagine these cars will hold their values well. I also think the DCT will not hurt it either.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 11:43 PM   #15
TRZ06
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
Quote:
Flame suit on but...

Can you sustain your facts? Or just your personal opinion based on "reading on the stars" ?
My experience with my 335i, 08' M3, and 16' M3 and based on what I'm hearing from these very forums, if you take away the fanboy posts.

Keep in mind I am talking about performance here and driving at 9/10th and 10/10ths, which is what I care about about and bought into with the //M badge

BMW has poor rebound suspension tuning, over zealous traction / stability algorithms that are not intuitive and fight you rather than work with you, brakes that vibrate and pulse (my 16' M3 experience) poor traction and trouble putting the power down.

This is all my opinion from a performance car guy who isn't brand loyal and values performance and handling over luxury and brand prestige.
09' C6 Z06
Appreciate 2
MR_M2519.00
cptobvious2531.50
      12-28-2018, 12:19 AM   #16
Arrow29
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 comp, X5 M50i ordered

Demand is still strong here in Australia. I placed my order this month and have a March build slot.

A bit different here with pricing, but in Aus I think the M2 comp is in a league of its own for what it is. A base model Porsche Cayman is at least $15-20k Aud more. Didn't really consider the RS3 or A45 as wanted a manual RWD. I guess the Alpine A110 is only competitor at similar price point, but this will be my daily driver to occasionally take kids in back, so that wasn't an option either.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 01:22 AM   #17
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
BMW has poor rebound suspension tuning, over zealous traction / stability algorithms that are not intuitive and fight you rather than work with you, brakes that vibrate and pulse (my 16' M3 experience) poor traction and trouble putting the power down.
Obviously you haven’t driven a Competition yet. Remarkably, many of these issues were addressed. The car has a lot of improvements over the original car. I’m a fan, but not a fan boy and I’ll call them as I see them. M value retention will continue to be decent but far from a Porsche.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 03:41 AM   #18
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
Quote:
Flame suit on but...

My experience with my 335i, 08' M3, and 16' M3 and based on what I'm hearing from these very forums, if you take away the fanboy posts.

Keep in mind I am talking about performance here and driving at 9/10th and 10/10ths, which is what I care about about and bought into with the //M badge

This is all my opinion from a performance car guy who isn't brand loyal and values performance and handling over luxury and brand prestige.
For you M cars are unsuitable. BMW and other German manufacturers try to balance performance and luxury, as opposed to American manufacturers that lean towards performance and neglect any form of luxury or convenience. Most BMW owners value both, which is why they're satisfied with their cars.

You're probably better off going the American route since you see value in performance alone.
BlkSVT388.50
Kingpin4386.50
      12-28-2018, 07:10 AM   #19
No1Cares
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3

idk, for the price range I've been seeing for almost 2 years now...I don't see any cars like the m2 that is BRAND new with this price point. m2 or m2c, what also is a 6 cyl, rwd, manual, coupe that from nearly every reviewer ever says it's one of the most controllable, fun cars they possibly have ever been in and then can drive it slow and also love the interior and the aesthetics from the outside?

to me it's the most well rounded sports coupe on the market AT THIS PRICE POINT and it really doesn't have a lot of competitors (if there are, it's a distant second if you want to bring porsche into the mix, but thats 4 cyl)

I'm definitely in the hunt for one of these next summer or early fall. prob the m2c just because I've heard all great things about the improvements. not that I don't love the m2 as well...
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 11:02 AM   #20
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:

I think this is exactly right, and this is coming from a BMW Fanboy. TRZ06 specifically states that all he cares about is performance and handling, in which case, honestly, I think the right answer is something like the Camaro. I mean, the ZL1 1LE did the ring in 7:16. 7:16!!! And the car costs roughly the same as the M2C.

TRZ06 , if I were you, I would definitely stay away from the M2C, and get the Camaro instead.

While I would love it if the M2C also had that level of performance and handling, it simply doesn't. But, by the same token, I got the M2C precisely because it is a mix of performance and handling AND luxury and brand prestige.
Appreciate 1
BlkSVT388.50
      12-28-2018, 02:03 PM   #21
TRZ06
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Quote:

I think this is exactly right, and this is coming from a BMW Fanboy. TRZ06 specifically states that all he cares about is performance and handling, in which case, honestly, I think the right answer is something like the Camaro. I mean, the ZL1 1LE did the ring in 7:16. 7:16!!! And the car costs roughly the same as the M2C.

TRZ06 , if I were you, I would definitely stay away from the M2C, and get the Camaro instead.

While I would love it if the M2C also had that level of performance and handling, it simply doesn't. But, by the same token, I got the M2C precisely because it is a mix of performance and handling AND luxury and brand prestige.
I didn't go the ZL1 1LE route, but I did go the 2SS 1LE route.

It runs circles around my outgoing M3 in every performance matrix except straight line.
Attached Images

09' C6 Z06
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 02:19 PM   #22
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
I didn't go the ZL1 1LE route, but I did go the 2SS 1LE route.

It runs circles around my outgoing M3 in every performance matrix except straight line.
Maybe you should get an M2 competition, slap on sticky/wider tires and then compare them