THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Anything to look for when buying a used 220i or 2 series in general?

11-22-2018, 03:00 AM   #1
SammT
Rep
Drives: Corsa

Anything to look for when buying a used 220i or 2 series in general?

Hey,

Looking to buy a used 2 series, either a 220d or 220i and just wondering if there's any known issues or things to look out for? It's a 2014 model and quite a drive away from me so going with a checklist and looking at it all in one hit would be ideal.

Any issues/things I should look out for that you guys know about would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 01:27 PM   #2
Bluesmobile
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Convertible x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammT View Post
Hey,

Looking to buy a used 2 series, either a 220d or 220i and just wondering if there's any known issues or things to look out for? It's a 2014 model and quite a drive away from me so going with a checklist and looking at it all in one hit would be ideal.

Any issues/things I should look out for that you guys know about would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
No real watch outs that I’m aware of, but make sure the brakes pads have some life left on them. Replacing BMW brakes and rotors are expensive. I looked at two different CPO 228is. One had 5mm left on the brake pads and the other had 9mm. Also, know the difference in the option packages. For example, I’m really glad I got the lighting package on mine because that meant xenon headlights. Apparently the “regular” lights on the older 2 series are not great. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 08:51 PM   #3
paposalsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i

These cars have a lot of hidden issues like the iDrive screen, Seat Frame, all type of rattles due to cheap material to mention a few. Just take your time and read thru this forum ....
Appreciate 0