BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-14-2018, 08:26 PM   #1
kk88
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 X5 MSport - Week 45

Connected Drive profile access through i7

We finally had the car delivered to our home today and we couldn't be happier. However, the delay was due to a software issue with the Connected Drive service. Now, we have the vehicle and the software issue is supposedly fixed but we cannot log into our connected drive accounts in the car. Online we can log in fine. When we try to log in through the car it states the username/password is incorrect.

Has anyone else encountered this?

We've tried to reset the iDrive system manually and we've let the cat sit for 45 minutes as per the genius' suggestion.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #2
jbx5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 XDrive35i M-Sport

I had the exact same problem. The dealer ended up having to delete the entire config they pre-established, and return the car to "at the dealer/undelivered" status. Then they re-added the services under my Connected account, and I was able to login to the car. Marrying my cell phone to the account was also challenging because for some reason the initial authentication message wasn't getting delivered to the car. I hooked up my iPhone to a Lightning cable and the car immediately recognized the phone and the phone recognized the car.
Appreciate 0