BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > Brand new 788M wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres for sale

11-07-2018, 04:20 AM   #1
LondonM2
Rep
Drives: M2C

Brand new 788M wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres for sale

I am taking delivery of a new M2 Competition in 2 weeks or so and will be fitting 763M wheels at the dealer. I will therefore be selling the black 788M wheels that come with the car, fitted with a brand new set of Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres. The wheels will come with BMW badges, tyre pressure monitors and will be ready to go straight onto another car. I plan to put them on eBay for £2,000 but am posting them here first. I am open to sensible offers. The tyres alone have a retail value of almost £1,000 so this is a bargain. Some optimistic soul has a set of 788M wheels without tyres on eBay for £4,000. These are half the price and have tyres, badges and pressure sensors.

Buyer can collect from Vines in Guildford or I can deliver within a small distance (say 50 miles) of SW London. I don't want to use a courier in case they get damaged.

The tyres will be absolutely brand new and unused but the wheels will have done maybe 2-3 miles during the delivery process. They are obviously guaranteed to be in as-new condition and should be available for collection in 7-10 days. I can't post pictures yet as the wheels are currently literally at sea.

I am new to this forum, so not sure if I can put my mobile number here, but feel to send me a PM or post a reply if you are interested. No silly offers please. If I can't get a sensible price, I will just put them in storage and refit when I sell the car in a few years.

Thanks for your interest, Peter
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 07:19 AM   #2
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Mind if I ask why they are coming with the Cup2 tyres?

You putting the Super sports on your 763M wheels?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 08:03 AM   #3
LondonM2
Rep

Yes, I am swapping the tyres round. The Cup tyres are really summer or track day tyres and I want all season tyres on my M2.

Last edited by LondonM2; 11-07-2018 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: Remove accidental emoji
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 09:31 AM   #4
Josh_G
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonM2 View Post
I am taking delivery of a new M2 Competition in 2 weeks or so and will be fitting 763M wheels at the dealer. I will therefore be selling the black 788M wheels that come with the car, fitted with a brand new set of Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres. The wheels will come with BMW badges, tyre pressure monitors and will be ready to go straight onto another car. I plan to put them on eBay for £2,000 but am posting them here first. I am open to sensible offers. The tyres alone have a retail value of almost £1,000 so this is a bargain. Some optimistic soul has a set of 788M wheels without tyres on eBay for £4,000. These are half the price and have tyres, badges and pressure sensors.

Buyer can collect from Vines in Guildford or I can deliver within a small distance (say 50 miles) of SW London. I don't want to use a courier in case they get damaged.

The tyres will be absolutely brand new and unused but the wheels will have done maybe 2-3 miles during the delivery process. They are obviously guaranteed to be in as-new condition and should be available for collection in 7-10 days. I can't post pictures yet as the wheels are currently literally at sea.

I am new to this forum, so not sure if I can put my mobile number here, but feel to send me a PM or post a reply if you are interested. No silly offers please. If I can't get a sensible price, I will just put them in storage and refit when I sell the car in a few years.

Thanks for your interest, Peter
curious as to how much you paid for the 763Ms from vines, thats where i have ordered my car from but im waiting till next year aparently ahve to wait till April if i want the brakes!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 04:27 PM   #5
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

I'm certainly interested and I have dealt with Vines too so that would be very convenient. I'll send me a PM and get in contact.
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2018, 04:28 PM   #6
LondonM2
Rep

These are now sold.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 03:46 PM   #7
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonM2 View Post
Yes, I am swapping the tyres round. The Cup tyres are really summer or track day tyres and I want all season tyres on my M2.
Both cup 2''s and super sports are ultra high performance summer tyres.

Super sports are far far far from an all season tyre.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 03:36 PM   #8
LondonM2
Rep

I guess it depends what you mean by all season. Down in the South East it doesn't often go below 5C and very rarely snows. I drove to Birmingham last weekend in about 5C and heavy rain and the Super Sports were fine. Proper winter tyres are overkill for a London based car; what I need is good wet grip down to about 5C.

Incidentally there is a Porsche advert in this month's Evo saying that summer tyres work well down to about 7C, which is 3.75 seasons in the SE.

The Cup 2s by contrast are a track day tyre and even the Michelin website states that they have poor wet grip. So for my purposes the Super Sports are ideal and the Cups would not be suitable at all.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2018, 03:43 PM   #9
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Yep, just "all season" is a specific tyre type combining winter / snow properties with summer wet properties.

PSS are good enough to use all year round for sure - just had em on my M6GC for 3 years! But can be a bit sketchy in the wet when cold.

But PSS are still summer UHP tyres - "summer tyres" being tested down to 7degC. They don't "work well" down to 7 degC they "still work OK" at 7 deg C!

Agree Cup 2s a bit much for all year useage.
Appreciate 0