BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-04-2018, 05:48 AM   #1
MikeElmendorf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5/2024 i5 M60

Delivery in November or wait for December Program?

Our 2019 X5 has arrived at the dealer.

Dealer is telling us (as others, at least in NY, have been told) that they cannot make deliveries until after November 13, for some reason).

The lease on our 2018 is up 12/23, so last payment is 11/23 (thanks, BMW, for no pull-ahead still!).

At this point, I'm pondering whether we just take delivery this month when we are told we can, or waiting until December to see if at year-end the programs get better.

We locked in before the MF went up, so we are at .00166, with the $1000 from BMW and a decent discount from our dealer since we are repeat customers and I worked at 3 car deal with my inlaws both getting 2019 X3s at the same time.

We're eager to get the new car (especially after seeing it on the lot yesterday), but it seems like if these programs are going to get better, it would be in December. I'm usually not that patient, but....

Thoughts on that and the chances that whatever sweeteners they off outweigh the higher MF?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 10:07 AM   #2
fakinit75
Private
Rep
Drives: jet black 2016 535i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post

Dealer is telling us (as others, at least in NY, have been told) that they cannot make deliveries until after November 13, for some reason).

The lease on our 2018 is up 12/23, so last payment is 11/23 (thanks, BMW, for no pull-ahead still!).

At this point, I'm pondering whether we just take delivery this month when we are told we can, or waiting until December to see if at year-end the programs get better.

We locked in before the MF went up, so we are at .00166, with the $1000 from BMW and a decent discount from our dealer since we are repeat customers and I worked at 3 car deal with my inlaws both getting 2019 X3s at the same time.

We're eager to get the new car (especially after seeing it on the lot yesterday), but it seems like if these programs are going to get better, it would be in December. I'm usually not that patient, but....

Thoughts on that and the chances that whatever sweeteners they off outweigh the higher MF?
Curious as well. I locked in the September programs, hoping they'd get better. My CA didn't seem to think they would bc it is a brand new model, etc. But who really knows. Would you mind sharing the details of your deal: msrp, sales price, discount off, etc?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 07:17 PM   #3
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post

Locks are only good for 60 days on the east coast, so you might want to make SURE that if you wait till december you can still use your lock. its doubtful that MFs will get better since interest rates are going up outside of car financing (but that does not mean BMW couldnt lower MFs if they wanted to... it just means they are unlikely to).

90 day locks are on the west coast. Might be somewhat difficult to get that information out of your dealer as well, because they will want you to come down and pick up as soon as they can sell it to you. They will likely push you to come in before the end of November (dealers hate sitting on cars.. takes up room and is a missing sale... and every day you dont take delivery means you could conceivably change your mind for some reason).
Appreciate 0