gaohaibo317
HG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Garage List
  [0.00]
Does anyone know how to set "Automatic folding mirror"

Like Mercedes, the car should automatically fold the mirrors when you stop the engine. Is there an option?
Attached Images

11-02-2018, 01:59 AM   #2
mbarrett635
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

If it's like the F15, you'll need to code it to have it automatically fold when you park. Just guessing, since my G05 is still a month away from being built.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 06:15 AM   #3
ressayflex
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Convertible

Yea, you can do this without any coding. If you have your VIN you can go grab the manual in PDF from BMW's site:

Folding mirrors automatically:
Via iDrive:
  • "CAR"
  • "Settings"
  • "Doors"
    • "Fold mirrors in when locked"
      • Locking the vehicle folds in the exterior mirrors automatically. Unlocking the vehicle automatically folds out the exterior mirrors.

I have this set up so that if I walk away from the car it automatically locks, and folds the mirrors. If I get back within proximity of the car it unlocks and folds out the mirrors.
Appreciate 1
mcsa65.00
      11-02-2018, 08:41 AM   #4
mrickard
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ressayflex View Post
Yea, you can do this without any coding. If you have your VIN you can go grab the manual in PDF from BMW's site:

Via iDrive:
  • "CAR"
  • "Settings"
  • "Doors"
      • Locking the vehicle folds in the exterior mirrors automatically. Unlocking the vehicle automatically folds out the exterior mirrors.

I have this set up so that if I walk away from the car it automatically locks, and folds the mirrors. If I get back within proximity of the car it unlocks and folds out the mirrors.
Nice! Didn't think it was possible. Learned something new. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 08:43 AM   #5
denniss
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

Via iDrive:
  • "CAR"
  • "Settings"
  • "Doors"

i dont think usa cars got this, at least on F15 i didnt have it. I will check again today.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 08:45 AM   #6
ressayflex
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniss View Post
Quote:

Via iDrive:
  • "CAR"
  • "Settings"
  • "Doors"

i dont think usa cars got this, at least on F15 i didnt have it. I will check again today.
I did this on my 2019 X5 - US
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 08:46 AM   #7
denniss
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by denniss View Post
Quote:

Via iDrive:
  • "CAR"
  • "Settings"
  • "Doors"

I did this on my 2019 X5 - US
Awesome.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 09:44 AM   #8
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

These features have always been there, but had to be turned on via coding. The 2019 G05 doesn't need to be coded for the folding mirrors. Glad to see BMW is finally giving the customer what they want.
      03-28-2019, 08:02 PM   #9
amiratish
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5d 2018

Quote:

Via iDrive:
  • "CAR"
  • "Settings"
  • "Doors"

My X5D, 2018 does not have fold mirror option!? do you know why?!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 08:17 PM   #10
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiratish View Post
Quote:

Via iDrive:
  • "CAR"
  • "Settings"
  • "Doors"

did you select the option which was in the post you quoted? is the mirror switch moved to the driver's side (adjustment switch that is) I don't think this really matters though
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 08:58 PM   #11
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

[QUOTE=AndroidRobot;24582233]did you select the option which was in the post you quoted? is the mirror switch moved to the driver's side (adjustment switch that is) I don't think this really matters though[/QUOTE]

Nope doesn’t matter. If the switch is pushed right to passenger side mirror adjustment, then the mirror automatically aims down to see the curb when in reverse. IDrive setting will fold mirrors in when locking.
Appreciate 2
      03-31-2019, 03:32 AM   #12
mbarrett635
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiratish View Post
Because the 2018 X5 has iDrive 6, and you need iDrive 7, which is what the 2019 X5 has. However, the folding mirror option can be coded on the 2018 X5 -- you just don't have the option in iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 07:24 AM   #13
davesmith4
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Convertible

Folding Mirrors on iDrive5

Quote:

Via iDrive:
  • "CAR"
  • "Settings"
  • "Doors"

My wife has a 2018 230i and there is no 'Car', just 'Vehicle' and no folding mirror option that I can find.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 02:47 PM   #14
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith4 View Post
My wife has a 2018 230i and there is no 'Car', just 'Vehicle' and no folding mirror option that I can find.
I have a 2018 530e with IDrive 6. It works. But the terminology is slightly different. But go to car settings, door settings, and you will see it at the bottom of the list of settings.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 01:07 PM   #15
dpw19
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350, Lincoln MKX

Helpful to study manual before purchase

Could someone post a link to the 2020 X5 manual? Before making a final decision on purchase it would be helpful to study these options. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 06:01 PM   #16
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpw19 View Post
Could someone post a link to the 2020 X5 manual? Before making a final decision on purchase it would be helpful to study these options. Thanks

Step out of the 1900's, download the "BMW driver's guide" app, add the VIN from a well equipped dealer listing and you'll get everything you're looking for including videos .
      01-02-2020, 07:19 PM   #17
BeemerDreamerNYC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Is the automatic folding mirror supposed to work whether you look the car using the key button or via the comfort access (ie just walking away from the car which locks it at a certain distance eg proximity sensor)? On my car the auto folding mirror works when locking / unlocking using the comfort access / proximity sensor but doesn’t seem to activate when locking and unlocking via the key buttons. I looked over the manual and it doesn’t seem to indicate that would be the expected behavior so I was curious if others experience the same.
Appreciate 0