THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Navigation remember this location

11-01-2018, 03:46 PM   #1
Ron Jeffries
Old Member. Old in general, actually.
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i xDrive convertible

Navigation remember this location

Is there some way in the navigation system to tell it to remember the car's present location, that is to set it as a possible future destination? I've sure not been able to find it if so.

Yeah, I know, if you're there, why do you need it? Well, you might want to get back someday ...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 07:17 AM   #2
msej449
msej449
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i Convertible +LSD 2016

Garage List
This must be one of the most counter-intuitively-located functions of the BMW Nav system. I always have to look it up in the BMW Driver's Guide App on my cell under 'Saving current position' («» indicates an iDrive button, [] a menu item)

Press «Navigation»
Press «Options»
Select [Save position as contact] or [Add to contact]
Select [Save in car]

Every so often, I suspect like you, I find I'm at a location I'm likely to return to which simply isn't in the Nav database. Here in the UK, it's been locations like the Channel Tunnel Terminals in England and France, rail stations and offices on large commercial estates (cue driving 'round and 'round a road called something like 'commercial circle' because the nav doesn't have the property number in the database).
tiwahu34.50
      11-02-2018, 09:22 AM   #3
Ron Jeffries
Old Member. Old in general, actually.
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i xDrive convertible

Super! Now if I can just get back there ...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 09:31 AM   #4
M235ForNow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by msej449 View Post
This must be one of the most counter-intuitively-located functions of the BMW Nav system. I always have to look it up in the BMW Driver's Guide App on my cell under 'Saving current position' («» indicates an iDrive button, [] a menu item)

Press «Navigation»
Press «Options»
Select [Save position as contact] or [Add to contact]
Select [Save in car]

Every so often, I suspect like you, I find that a location I'm likely to return to which simply isn't in the Nav database. Here in the UK, it's been things the Channel Tunnel Terminals in England and France, and rail stations, and offices on large commercial estates (cue driving 'round and 'round a road called something like 'commercial circle' because the nav doesn't have the property number in the database).
EVERYTHING having to do with creating a favorites list is non-intuitively implemented! So much so that my BMW "geniuses" could never help me with how to set anything as a favorite. I ultimately (like you) figured out how to do it. But it's SO much worse than, for instance, Waze. Frustrating.
Appreciate 0