BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-19-2018, 10:48 AM   #1
X3inZug
Enlisted Member
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: X3 2019

Hello from Switzerland!

Hello fellow X3 owners!
Been lurking the forum for a while now and have decided to register as I have gained lots of valuable information. As part of the community will try to contribute as well.

My stats:
9/18, Placed order. Dealer gave me a Week 46 delivery date and told me that she worked with her manager to use a "slot" they had... thus why so quick... (which now, seems like an eternity!!!)

10/2, Got VIN number showing it was produced on 10/1. VIN indicates this was done in South Africa.

10/18, According to her: “car is still on the sea. We don’t know when your BMW will be in Roterdam, because, there is a company (Galliker Transport,) which organizes everything with transport, custom etc. I will be notified about 5 days in advance, when the vehicle arrives in our store.”

From reading the forums I really thought I would be able to find out what ship, the status, etc.. etc.. but, it seems for Switzerland orders its impossible to do the full tracking like our US and UK counterparts, unless someone has any input/suggestion? (I tried via mybmw.com ,.ch, uk chat, …. Nothing… and I don’t want to keep pushing her every 3 days… lol)

Anyhow, my setup is almost fully complete, as I really wanted to have a nice experience with all bells and whistles.
Major specs are:
X3 xdrive20i (eur)
Alpinweiss 3;
Led.vernasca/canberrabeige dekors;
19" light-al.whl.double spoke 696 em.op. (Summer);
V-Speiche 618 (Winter).

Looking forward for week 46 or sooner!!!!
X3inZug.
Appreciate 0